Monday, June 28, 2010

Unknown Bright White Light Over Hertfordshire UK

Date: June 28, 2010
Time: 01:30 hrs.

Location of Sighting: Hertfordshire UK.
Number of witnesses: 1
Number of Objects: 1
Shape of Objects: Spherical.

Full Description of Event/Sighting: Appeared to be a low flying plane at first as it went overhead, though not making any sound that I could hear. There was only a constant bright white light, no flashing lights. As it continued overhead, I realised that the back end of it was also just a bright white light. Appeared to be spherical, and had the appearance of a star. It appeared to be moving fairly slowly, but I had no understanding of the height it was flying so this factor could be questionable.

It changed direction in the sky in a way that would seem not possible for an aeroplane to do. It then appeared to be moving in my direction. At the time I thought it to have paused roughly 70 feet above me, but it didn't give off any light on nearby trees nor the ground, so I can only assume in hindsight it paused much higher in the sky than this. It paused for about 5 seconds, then began to (appear) to ascend and continue in the direction it was going.

Using Google maps, I worked out it appeared to be going southeast.

If you have seen anything like this in the same area please be kind enough to contact Brian Vike at: sighting@telus.net with the details of your sighting. All personal information is kept confidential.

Sightings.com website: http://www.sightings.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment