Friday, June 11, 2010

Flash Then Bright Orange Light Over Mickleover Derby Derbyshire U.K.

Date: June 11, 2010
Time: 10:20 p.m.

Location of Sighting: Mickleover, Derby, Derbyshire, U.K.
Number of witnesses: 2
Number of Objects: 1
Shape of Objects: Appeared like a star.

Full Description of Event/Sighting: Having submitted our first ever report back in May. I looked up at the sky now whenever I can, and tonight I first noticed a bright white flash high up in the clouds, and called my husband quickly. A few seconds later he pointed out to me, an extremely bright orange object in the eastern sky, a lot lower than where I had seen the flash, moving horizontally, steadily and silently towards the south southeast. I followed this with his binoculars and it was not a plane (no flashing lights) and we both doubt whether it was a Chinese lantern.

It was very similar to what we had seen back in May, but travelling in the opposite direction. It was impossible to make out any shape, other than a very bright star like one. It seemed to keep below the cloud level. (I thought it may have been descending slightly, but my husband thinks it was maintaining a horizontal path). I have no idea whether the initial white flash was anything to do with this orange sighting. Surely other people would have seen this very bright orange light too as it was clearly visible in the sky?

If you have seen anything like this in the same area please be kind enough to contact Brian Vike at: sighting@telus.net with the details of your sighting. All personal information is kept confidential.

Sightings.com website: http://www.sightings.com

No comments:

Post a Comment