Monday, June 7, 2010

5 To 6 Strange Lights Seen Over Gillingham Kent UK

Date: June 6, 2010 (technically, due to the time of sighting!)
Time: 00:30 to 00:55

Location of Sighting: Gillingham, Kent.
Number of witnesses: 3
Number of Objects: 5 or 6
Shape of Objects: One irregular shaped, plus 4 or 5 round, but not perfect shape.

Full Description of Event/Sighting: Here's my tale - I live in Bristol and was visiting friends in Gillingham, Kent that night with my husband and 12 year old daughter. We were staying at the Premier Inn and our room overlooked Will Adams Way, which is NW facing. A thunderstorm had started late on the night of the 5th June, so my daughter and I were watching it out of the hotel window (which had safety catches, meaning they could only be opened slightly).

Whilst watching this, at 00:30 (on the 6th June), both of us saw strange lights in the sky through the low cloud cover, so I immediately got my husband to look and he said they were very strange too. The low cloud cover was why the lights appeared hazy and the lights appeared to be behind or above the clouds. The main light was irregular in shape and whitish in colour.

The other 4 or 5 shapes were much smaller than the main one, but were roundish and whitish in colour. The main one didn't seem to move fast at all, but moved towards the hotel from NW to SE. The other smaller ones moved in zig zig formations around the main one in the sky, moving much more quickly around it. All lights were definitely not projected by something from land or air.

Because of the way they moved, they could not have been caused by meteors, planes or helicopters. Neither could they have been caused by Chinese lanterns because of their movement and colour (they were not orange and, although I could see them due to them being white and glowed, they did not emanate a stronger glow from any part of the shapes).

It most certainly wasn't lightening, nor was it caused by anything electrical. I couldn't hear any noise, in fact it was very unnerving.

I recorded a video on my digital camera through the glass. I couldn't get the window open due to the safety latches, but unfortunately it doesn't seem to have captured what we saw. The lights were no longer visible at 00:55.

Since speaking to others about what we saw, I've had the mickey taken out of me several times, but we know we saw something very strange indeed. So much so, that I Googled the Ministry of Defence UFO line, but they've closed it down. I wonder if the RAF Strike Command still monitors this. I've even thought about contacting one of the local rags in Kent to see if anyone else saw what we saw. I've sent details of my sighting to the UK UFO sightings webpage, but it may not get published. Has this account occurred before to your knowledge?

Kind regards.

If you have seen anything like this in the same area please be kind enough to contact Brian Vike at: sighting@telus.net with the details of your sighting. All personal information is kept confidential.

Sightings.com website: http://www.sightings.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment