Saturday, June 26, 2010

Bright White Light Over Govanhill Glasgow Scotland

Date: June 26, 2010
Time: 1:50 a.m.

Location of Sighting: Govanhill, Glasgow.
Number of witnesses: 2
Number of Objects: 1
Shape of Objects: Ball of light.

Brian Vike's Note (Sightings.com): In regards to this sighting report and many others I have received. Folks are going to experience many extremely bright, white light sightings over the next few days. The International Space Station (ISS) will be in constant sunlight. You can also visit http://spaceflight.nasa.gov/realdata/sightings/index.html Human Space Flight to check on your area for the ISS sightings. It is a spectacular sight to see.

This information is courtesy of Space Weather.com - For the next few days, the behemoth spacecraft will be in constant sunlight as its orbit lines up with Earth's day-night terminator. This means it will shine brightly in the night sky every single time it passes overhead. Some observers can see it 3, 4, even 5 times a night! Bill Cooke of the Marshall Space Flight Center has prepared a movie showing the simulated view from a sun-facing window on the ISS and the movie clip can be found at: http://www.spaceweather.com/ along with more detailed information.

Full Description of Event/Sighting: I nipped to the shop late because the cat was hungry! On way back, I saw at first what I thought was a really big, bright star. I was walking quite fast and I thought it looked like it was moving, so I stopped and then I could see it was moving! I ran up the road and around the corner, following it and shouted to my boyfriend who came to the window and he saw it too. (I am glad I was not the only one, lol).

It was really bright, pure white, it had that effect stars have where there was a cross of light because it was so bright, and this was more intense on the horizontal middle bit of the cross effect, but it looked like a ball of light, completely silent. We watched it take a relatively straight path, not as smooth as a plane, towards Toryglen, then it faded. Not sure if this was because it sped up, or the light faded in it, by this time it was quite far away.

This was my first sighting, and it was beautiful.

If you have seen anything like this in the same area please be kind enough to contact Brian Vike at: sighting@telus.net with the details of your sighting. All personal information is kept confidential.

Sightings.com website: http://www.sightings.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment