Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Moon Sized Object Seen At Brentwood Bay Central Saanich British Columbia

Date: December 6, 2010
Time: 7:30 a.m.

Number of witnesses: 1
Number of Objects: 1
Shape of Objects: round.

Full Description of Event/Sighting: Hi Brian, I'm glad to see you are back posting. I hope this means your health problems have improved.

I delayed in sending this to you as I got busy and you seemed to be inundated with reports. I didn't want to add to your load!

However, I did see something unusual early Monday December 6th, 2010 in the southeastern sky. My husband and I had been babysitting two young family members overnight at their home. About 7:30am we were driving east, along a narrow country road, to drop the children at school before continuing back to our own home in Victoria. The sky was clear and bright with only a few wispy clouds on the eastern horizon. It was about half an hour before sunrise.

At one point I glanced to the southeast about where the sun would be rising and saw lovely full moon just above the horizon. It was very large, as the full moon usually seems to be at moonrise. A few of the wispy clouds were across its face, but it was very visible. It was pale and almost translucent, its normal appearance in the daytime sky. I saw it long enough to say "wow look at the full moon" before it was obscured by trees on the side of the road. No one else had a chance to see it.

From the school yard I did not see it, although that part of the sky was visible. On the half hour drive home I did not see it although part of the drive was on a ridge with a clear view to the south east. By the time I got home I was puzzled and a bit annoyed that I did not see it again. By then the sun had risen.

It wasn't until much later that I realized you cannot have a full moon and the sun both rising at the same time. I checked the moon rise schedule and found that on that day there was a new moon, which means it is not visible at any time that day or night.

So any ideas on just what I did see and did anyone else notice it too?

Actually, I have a theory as to why some people see things and other don't, based on historical and anecdotal events but this is not the time to go into all that. :-)

Thanks for listening Brian.

If you have seen anything like this in the same area please be kind enough to contact Brian Vike at: sighting@telus.net with the details of your sighting. All personal information is kept confidential.

Sightings.com website: http://www.sightings.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment