Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Large Bright Orange/Red Ball Of Flame Over Castle Cary Somerset UK

Date: October 1994 and 1995
Time: Approx: 7:30 p.m.

Hi Brian, I have just been Googling fireballs, to see if there was any information on what I saw twice, first time in October 1994 and then almost exactly a year later. It was roughly the same time 7:30 in the evening and the same place Castle Cary Somerset and going in the same direction, west to east. What I saw was a big bright orange and red ball of flame, the size of the sun going quite slowly (not like a meteor).

It was completely silent and was going low and horizontally across the sky and disappeared behind a hill. Castle Cary is 25 miles east of Bridgewater where Brian had spotted his and the way he describes it on your website sounds exactly what I saw.

I've always wondered what it was that I had seen, and why I have seen this phenomena twice in the same place a year apart. I have told lots of people over the years about it and have been looking on the internet for either photos or videos of something similar, but there is nothing like it.

Could you shed some light on it, as I would love to know what it was I saw. You are welcome to put what I saw on your website, I know it was 16 years ago, but who knows someone else may have seen it and will stumble across your website like I did. Kind regards.

If you have seen anything like this in the same area please be kind enough to contact Brian Vike at: sighting@telus.net with the details of your sighting. All personal information is kept confidential.

Sightings.com website: http://www.sightings.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment