Saturday, February 26, 2011

Bright Light Seen Over Highett Melbourne Victoria Australia

Date: February 26, 2011
Time: 6:25 p.m.

Hi, the morning of 26th of February 2011. Location Melbourne suburb Highett. I was leaving for work this morning (from Highett) at 6:25am, it was a beautiful clear and still morning a few stars still out as dawn was breaking. I was looking west at a very large bright (I thought) star caught my attention. The light was consistent with the other stars in the sky, but bigger and brighter.

Then I noticed it moving and automatically thought it was a plane, but I could not see any flashing lights (you know the green, red flashing ones around a normal plane and there was no sound either). So I stood there watching it in the front yard for about 30 seconds and it had already moved steadily from my furthest view (west) to directly above me.

It wasn't close to the ground, it was very high up and amazingly bright, so I called out to my wife to come outside quickly. She joined me and I pointed it out to her. She asked me what it was and I answered "no idea". We continued to view it until it disappeared into the eastern sky which happened fairly quickly.

Now I am 100% certain it wasn't a plane as it wasn't making a sound, and no other flashing lights existed on the craft. I have seen many satellites before, but never anything this bright and it also seemed to large to be a satellite.

The only other logical explanation, I wonder if it was a space station. How do I find out if a space station was in the vicinity in this time? Regards.

If you have seen anything like this in the same area please be kind enough to contact Brian Vike at: sighting@telus.net with the details of your sighting. All personal information is kept confidential.

Sightings.com website: http://www.sightings.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment