Monday, October 25, 2010

Westlake Ohio Red Orange Lights

Date: October 23, 2010
Time: Approx: 9:00 p.m.

Brian, my wife and I were enjoying sitting around the fire ring in our backyard in Westlake when we saw the red/orange lights you described. I believe the count was closer to 30 - 35 of the things. Called my neighbor out, and she watched them with us. We heard no sound, they moved from the direction of Hopkins/NASA (located south of our home) at a fairly determined, steady clip north towards the lake (we lost site when they passed behind other trees in our yard).

I was surprised to have heard/seen nothing about this in the news/internet until my wife chanced upon your blog. I have already written Mark Johnson at News 5 (to inquire about the possibility he knew of some sort of weather balloons being launched from Hopkins?) as well as a friend who works at NASA (to see if they were sending any experiments up). All I know so far is that NASA had nothing to do with it.

The Chinese lantern explanation seems the most plausible, except that what little wind we felt was moving the smoke from our fire away from the lake - course, who knows what the wind was doing up there in the night sky.

If you have seen anything like this in the same area please be kind enough to contact Brian Vike at: sighting@telus.net with the details of your sighting. All personal information is kept confidential.

Sightings.com website: http://www.sightings.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment