Monday, October 26, 2009

Naugatuck, Connecticut Bigfoot Or Something Else ?


Date: June 3, 2008
Time: 1:30 or 2:00 a.m.

Message: I don't want to sound fanatic and hopefully there is a good explanation to all this. I live in Connecticut and not sure what I heard last night at approx. 1:30 a.m. The backyard of my home faces the woods. My backyard is several yards from a sharp ravine that slopes down to into the woods and to a stream. Not too far from the stream is a reservoir located in a wooded area. With my window open last night, I heard what was like a whoop, whoop, whoop, whoop sound coming from the woods in the back of my house. At the same time, I heard a loud pitch screeching noise more near my house that nearly shook me out of bed. It seemed liked the screeching sound was closer to my home than the whooping sound. I know the woods could house many wild animals due to the stream in the back.

I haven't got the foggiest clue what I'm hearing back there. Another time, my husband and I heard sounds in the wee hours of the morning what sounded like sounds coming from a jungle (almost like a large bird). But it seemed like there were two of these things communicating with each other. Do you think these are animals instead of birds. I don't know of any birds awake at 1:30 or 2:00 in the morning. Thanks for your help.

Additional Information:

Thank you for your response. My county is Naugatuck. The woods is adjacent to our stretch of homes in the back of our park. Unfortunately, I didn't have a recorder handy, but neither was I expecting this type of event. I asked my neighbor if she heard anything last night (June 3, 2008) but she heard nothing. She did say at times she hears strange animal noises but not to this liking. I would like to explore the ravine for footprints, but it's so steep and dangerous. Do you think a large animal similar to Bigfoot could be present in the area? It's kind of strange, but the whooping sound almost sounded mechanical instead of humanlike. I know we have a water treatment plant in back of the stream, but I don't think the sound came from the plant. I will keep a tape recorder handily just in case another sound pops up.

Also, just another piece of information, a couple of weeks ago, I heard some strange noises (between a clicking and cawing, different sound, but hard to explain) coming from woods in my backyard. This happened same time around 1:30 -2:00 a.m. It sounded like these two 'things' were calling out to each other from a distance. I really didn't pay much attention to these noises, but since last night's episode, I'm rather curious now. Hope I'm not alone hearing these things. Please let me know. Thanks.

Thank you to the witness for the interesting report.

Email Brian Vike: v_factor_paranormal@live.com

Brian Vike, The Vike Factor (Into The Paranormal) http://the-v-factor-paranormal.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment