Sunday, October 27, 2013

Ghostly Medieval Woman In Long Dress Moved Through The Children's Room In The United Kingdom


(From Brian Vike’s UFO Files) Re-posted by Brian.
 
Hi Brian, I wondered if you might like this true ghost story from over here in the UK.
 
It was a long time ago now, about forty three years, when my brother and I were little boys of about three and four years old respectively. At that time we lived in an old cobble-stone cottage in Norfolk that is no longer there, a housing estate of bungalows having been built there for several years now.

Anyway, on more than one occasion we were disturbed by something coming through our bedroom. This 'something' was so upsetting to me that I screamed my head off until mother came up to see what was wrong. My dad wouldn't come at first because he said my scream was so unearthly he was scared! I can remember being absolutely terrified.

My mother asked us what was wrong and we explained that figures had come through our room. Now, in actual fact my brother can remember what we saw better than I can, even though he is the youngest. I can distinctly remember seeing a soft light moving around the room in a weird way and being utterly witless with fear, whereas my brother can remember seeing a rather large woman with dark red hair running through our room and disappearing through the far wall.

Image Left: Brown Lady of Raynham Hall, a claimed ghost photograph by Captain Hubert C. Provand. First published in Country Life magazine, 1936.

He knew she was running because he saw her cheeks puffing in and out. We also saw a medieval type of woman, at any rate, she must have been medieval because my mother got us to draw pictures of what we saw the next morning and they showed details of that period of dress we couldn't have known about beforehand.

Bear in mind that each subsequent drawing we did got more scary with our childish imaginations, so it's fair to say that the first ones were probably the most accurate.

These showed a lady in a long dress with a 'wimple' on her head, this is a pointed hat that held a veil aloft and trailed it down her back. I can distinctly remember drawing these pictures.

We saw these ladies on more than one occasion and I was terrified each time. It is because my brother and I both remember this that I think proves it was a genuine experience - and my mother and father can remember coming up to us of course. Besides, I can still recall the utter terror I felt at the time.
 
Strangely, on one occasion I can vividly remember seeing a small, diamond shaped thing moving about between our beds, although this may have been part of something larger, such as a figure. Nevertheless, I thought it strange because it was visible in the darkness, and sort of pale in colour, but without emitting much light. It was weird.
 
After we moved away, the cottage was knocked down to make way for the new homes and whenever we passed the site we noticed that, as often as not, the bungalow on the site of the cottage always seemed to be for sale.


  Anyway, it gives me Goosebumps just recalling this as it was definitely something real and very odd. No wonder the poor little boy that was me was so scared!

Interestingly my brother was perhaps too young to fully appreciate what it was because when my mother came up the stairs the first time and asked us what was wrong my brother simply replied "I saw a shadow".
 
Thought you might like to know anyway. Regards.
 
Thank you to the person for the wonderful story.


Brian Vike (Retired)
Box 1091
Houston, British Columbia, Canada.

Email: sighting@telus.net

The Vike Factor (Brian Vike) http://the-v-factor-paranormal.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment