Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Bright Orange/Red Circle Of Light In The Sky Over Yorkton Southeastern Saskatchewan


Date:  May 23, 2014
Time:  Approx: 10:30 p.m.

Good day Mr. Vike, after checking what information of a similar nature was available, I was somewhat surprised to see of a near identical sighting last year in this area. On the night of May 23, 2014, I was sitting behind my house in Yorkton hoping to catch a glimpse of the expected meteor shower we were supposed to be experiencing.

On that front, the night was sadly uneventful, however the object I sighted more than made up for it.

The night was exceptionally clear, thousands of stars visible, and numerous satellites passed over through the course of the night. There was very light breeze, but when planes passed overhead throughout the night the sound they made was clearly audible. Very little background noise.

At approximately 10:30 p.m., I looked up to see a very bright orange/red circle of light. The “object” was low enough to make the circle of light of decent size - although it’s altitude was impossible to gauge.  It was larger than anything else visible by a sizeable factor.

I did not detect any sound whatsoever. It travelled from the SSE to the NNW, pretty much in a straight line, from approximately the 10 o’clock position facing south, until it disappeared over the horizon to the NNW. We are close enough to the edge of town that I can get a reasonably clear view to the horizon.

The light was pulsating slightly, at a fairly high frequency, and the object moved at a very good pace, especially when compared to planes that I saw before and after it’s passing.  On that note, within a minute of the object passing overhead, a plane passed over, travelling almost due west, at a high elevation. I’d be curious to see if they noticed anything, because they would have been in the same vicinity while the object passed.

I’ve seen things in the sky that I couldn’t identify before, the last time being back in the early 80’s in northern Manitoba. This was a real mystery to me, sadly I didn’t have my camera ready, although I kept it with me for the rest of the night set on “video” mode in case the object happened to return.

Thought I should tell someone about this in case there were any other reports from around the region.

Brian Vike.
Box 1091
Houston, British Columbia, Canada.

Email: sighting@telus.net
The Vike Factor (Brian Vike) http://the-v-factor-paranormal.blogspot.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment