Saturday, October 1, 2011

Bright Glowing Orange Balls Of Light Over Killiney Bay Dublin Ireland UK

Date: September 10, 2011
Time: 9:35 p.m.

Number of witnesses: 1
Number of Objects: 6
Shape of Objects: Round orange balls of bright light.

Full Description of Event/Sighting: I was working security on a property in Killiney when I noticed 3 bright glowing orange balls in a triangular formation just below cloud level at about 2,000 feet traveling out to sea in an easterly direction. The wind was from the south and I could also see aircraft out over the sea traveling north heading for the Dublin airport through the broken cloud.

About 30 miles out so I had a good idea of the height of these orange balls as they disappeared into the cloud about 3 or 4 miles out. The whole thing lasted about 2 to 4 minutes. I was just about to turn back to the house when I spotted another 3 balls of the same orange light coming along parallel to the coast in a northerly direction, in roughly a l shaped formation moving silently and much lower than the first 3.

These were maybe 500 to 600 feet over the sea, maybe a bit lower as it was hard to tell. I was sure the train driver parked in the station a little below and to my left must have seen them too, they were hard to miss against the dark clouds above. They slowly moved north over the headland of Dalkey to my left as I faced east out to sea.

I could see these three lights for a good 8 to 10 minutes. Two disappeared behind the headland, but one remained in sight a while longer and seemed to slow and stayed over the headland (about two miles to my left) for couple more minutes and then rose vertically and disappeared into the cloud.

Gob smacked I stayed a while longer, but did not see them again. I had my laptop back at the house, so I tuned into ACT at Dublin airport to hear the controller ask a half dozen pilots on or near approach if they had encountered any "turbulence"on the way in.

Now as this was at least 20 plus minutes after I saw these ahem "lights". It struck me as a little odd as I could hear a couple of pilots chuckling as they said they! hadn’t. What can I say, weird !

Anybody else see this, please post as I would love to find out when and where.

If you have seen anything like this in the same area please be kind enough to contact Brian Vike at: sighting@telus.net with the details of your sighting. All personal information is kept confidential.

Sightings.com website: http://www.sightings.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment