Sunday, October 30, 2011

Large Orange Fireball Over Fox Lake Illinois

 
Date:  June 4, 2011
Time:  Evening.
 
Hi, I just wanted to respond that I saw something last night, exactly the same as what you are describing on your web post. I was with 2 other people on my boat in Fox Lake, IL.  Out of nowhere a large orange fireball appeared, from what I can tell about 5000-6000 feet in the air. 

It was traveling northwest very slowly, at first we thought it was a meteor, until it stopped right in front of us.  It hovered for about 30 seconds right over the lake before changing directions and flying North East.  The ‘fire’ went out as it continued to travel northeast. 

About 1 minute later, it re-appeared way out in the distance, to me it looked like the Gurnee area. The whole thing lasted about 10 minutes, and the object was completely silent.  I am also a private pilot, and I fly over the Fox Lake area frequently, I have never seen anything like this and would love to know what it was. 

I took video of it from my camcorder, but it was so dark outside that it looks like a streetlight sitting there, no one would ever believe what we saw from my video, but we indeed saw it.  Very strange!

If you have seen anything like this in the same area please be kind enough to contact Brian Vike at: sighting@telus.net with the details of your sighting. All personal information is kept confidential.

Sightings.com website: http://www.sightings.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment