Saturday, October 29, 2011

Bright Lights Flew In Different Directions And Stopping Over Severn Road Pill Bristol UK

 
Date:  June 4, 2011
Time:  Around midnight.
 
Dear Brian, on Friday the 3rd / Saturday the 4th of June around midnight I was outside a house in Severn Road, Pill, I looked up at the sky (facing in a South-Westerly direction) and saw what I thought was 2 shooting stars, both heading in opposite directions towards each other. When the two bright lights approached each other they did not touch, but both got flung in different directions and gradually decelerated before coming to a stop.

The lights were bright white and after doing a bit of research I believe I may have seen ball lightning. Both the balls had a very strong attraction at first as they were travelling really fast, but then both just completely stopped. I reckon that as the balls got close to each other perhaps one transferred its charge to the other and both neutralized, causing them to no longer be attracted to each other. I know these were definitely not Chinese lanterns or man-made
craft due to the way they moved across the sky and I'm convinced that what I saw was real.

I've been keeping an eye out for similar sightings as I reckon that perhaps the ash in the atmosphere might be causing an increase in weird atmospheric conditions like these. Even though it was a clear night on Friday night and ball lightning is usually caused by thunderstorms, I also read that (in theory) they can also be caused by ash in the atmosphere.

Unfortunately I did not take any footage of what I saw, it all happened very quickly and the two lights became stationary, and then just looked like a couple of ordinary stars in the sky. I wish now that I'd continued to look at these 2 objects for any more activity, I feel foolish for not observing them for longer. The significance of what I saw did not occur to me until the following day!

Hope this information is useful to you. Best regards.
 
If you have seen anything like this in the same area please be kind enough to contact Brian Vike at: sighting@telus.net with the details of your sighting. All personal information is kept confidential.

Sightings.com website: http://www.sightings.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment