Sunday, August 29, 2010

Unmanned Balloon/Chinese Lanterns Over San Bernardino California


August 24 and 28th, 2010
Time: 11:30 p.m. and 3:00 a.m.

Mr. Vike, I found your site after a Google search for fire, sky, San Bernardino. I saw the same exact thing a witness described, first on Tuesday, August 24 and then again early this morning at approximately 03:10am.

On the 24th, at approximately 23:30, my wife and I saw a slowly moving orange glowing object approach us from what I think was just above Verdemont Heights. Again, it was very slow moving and didn't follow any sort of trajectory. It was very erratic in it's movements, event varying in elevation. We thought it might have been a hot air balloon or something. It eventually drifted over head and began to drop altitude all while what appeared to be sparks or flames falling off the object. It came over little mountain before eventually going up in a ball of flame.

Then again last night, I woke up and went out for a cigarette around 03:00 and saw not one, but now two of the exact same object. One appeared to hover and the other drifted towards our house in the arrowhead farms development. The object that came my direction was much lower then the last time I spotted it. This time I could make out that it was a small unmanned balloon (paper, nylon, etc) of some sort with a flame source - which I assume, from the size of it, was similar to one of those heaters used in a chafing dish.

Anyhow, we found it very interesting and were wondering if there was a purpose to it or just someone having fun. Thanks for posting!

If you have seen anything like this in the same area please be kind enough to contact Brian Vike at: sighting@telus.net with the details of your sighting. All personal information is kept confidential.

Sightings.com website: http://www.sightings.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment