Friday, August 27, 2010

Another Witness For The Orange To Yellow Object Over Iowa City Iowa (Diagram)


Date: August 26, 2010
Time: Approx: 9:35 p.m.

Yes, I saw this object while leaving my mother's residence at about this time on this date.

See the attached (crude) drawing based on my recollection.

I saw an orange light or orange circular object, traveling roughly from south to north in the northeast sky, on a course that was very regular and smooth, at a speed that would be consistent with a satellite. The diameter of the orange object was 2-3 diameters larger than Jupiter, which was also visible. There were no associated twinkling lights of any other color.

There was no "trail" or sound associated with it. I have seen many satellites at night in the sky, and I know the difference between a satellite and a airplane. This caught my eye because it was not clearly one or the other.

A guy who was walking his dog at the time (at about the intersection of Mormon Treck Avenue and Walden Road) also stopped to look at it, so it was clearly something unusual. I could not track it all the way across the sky. In other words, I did not see it from horizon to horizon. I lost it (or it "disappeared") while it was still high in the sky.

My guess is that this was some sort of atmospheric lensing of a bright satellite.

If you have seen anything like this in the same area please be kind enough to contact Brian Vike at: sighting@telus.net with the details of your sighting. All personal information is kept confidential.

Sightings.com website: http://www.sightings.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment