Monday, August 30, 2010

Orange Lights Above Kirkcaldy Scotland UK

Date: Weekend of August 27 - 29 2010
Time: Approx: 10:00 p.m.

Good evening Brian, firstly I must state that I have never written anything like this before. I was staying at my parents caravan with my father for the weekend, this weekend, 27th-29th August. On the Saturday evening say around 2200hrs, we saw 4 or 5 orange glows in the sky.

I looked through our binoculars and could not focus on them at all. I got out my HD solid state camcorder and I got about three seconds of footage, again all they looked like were balls of fire. They traveled from the West to the East as we are on the North side of the firth. At first I thought it was the afterglow of a jet fighter, but there was no noise at all, they moved very fast through the sky and seemed to bun out all by themselves or go through clouds.

They all had the same trajectory, and seemed to have nearly the same distance apart as they went through the sky, they seemed to come up from a low altitude and then level off and die, like from the ground at forty-five degree angle and then level off. I asked around the caravan park to our neighbours and one gentleman, said he had seen them before also. His thought was of hot air balloons, that kind of made sense with the colour and what looks like fire inside the balloon, but the speed was something else.

I Googled hot air balloons for speed, I couldn't find a world record, but they as you can imagine travel at the speed of the prevailing wind. I thought I would let you know, as I am still wondering what they were. If you have any theories or questions give me a hit back and let me know.

If you have seen anything like this in the same area please be kind enough to contact Brian Vike at: sighting@telus.net with the details of your sighting. All personal information is kept confidential.

Sightings.com website: http://www.sightings.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment