Monday, August 16, 2010

Two Bright Red Lights Over Waltham Abbey UK

Date: August 12, 2010
Time: Approx: 10:30 p.m.

Hello, I was looking online for any info on silent red lights in the sky and came across a post of yours requesting details of sightings.

I saw two bright red lights in the sky over Waltham Abbey on the 12th August 2010 at about 10:30pm, while watching for Perseid meteors. They were silent and moving quite fast ( north east to south west or thereabouts).

We do get quite a lot of airplanes going to and fro and also military planes and helicopters, but we can hear them and they have flashing lights. These lights were steady and bright red and a little diffuse as if I was seeing them through cloud. There was a light cloud cover at the time. There was no flashing and they were silent.

I know that some similar sightings elsewhere have turned out to be Chinese lanterns, but whatever these were they were on a very straight path and travelling parallel to each other. Surely Chinese Lanterns would have been blown about a bit. I couldn't make out the shape of whatever these things were.

I wish I'd videoed them now. If I see anything like this again I'll try to get some footage. Regards.

If you have seen anything like this in the same area please be kind enough to contact Brian Vike at: sighting@telus.net with the details of your sighting. All personal information is kept confidential.

Sightings.com website: http://www.sightings.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment