Saturday, September 18, 2010

3 Lights In Formation Over South Suburbs Of Chicago Illinois

Date: September 17, 2010
Time: Approx: 10:50 p.m.

Last night, I was driving home from picking up my son, and it was about 10:50pm. I was traveling west when I noticed 3 lights coming in our direction. I immediately thought it was 3 planes flying in formation, until they were straight overhead. I pulled over to watch them. I find it interesting that Thursday night in Chicago you saw similar lights.

I am in the south suburbs and I just thought it was awesome! I love to watch the night sky with my kids and we have seen many satellites go across the sky, we watched the space station a few years back accompanied through the sky. I know what airplanes look like and of course, the best way to describe this would be 3 fireballs falling in formation, 2 in the back blurred out as it was overhead the "leading light" continued northeast toward Chicago.

We watched until it was not visible anymore in the horizon, the 2 "rear" lights never showed again. I'm wondering if this was burning debris from a meteor. The lights looked like rings of fire. I've been looking online today for someone to blog it. Well, it seems to be a pattern, so I'll be looking up tonight for it between 10:30 and 11:00.

If you have seen anything like this in the same area please be kind enough to contact Brian Vike at: sighting@telus.net with the details of your sighting. All personal information is kept confidential.

Sightings.com website: http://www.sightings.com/

1 comment:

  1. About 8 years ago down in the Grand Canyon we saw 3 lights overhead flying in a triangle formation. I and 20 others were on a rafting trip that weekend. We just happened to all be looking up at the big dipper and other constellations at the time when the 3 lights flew over head. They were not human airplanes or satellites.

    ReplyDelete