Thursday, September 16, 2010

Red Colored Fiery Object Over North Ingonish Cape Breton Island Nova Scotia

Date: September 16, 2010
Time: 10:15 p.m.

Location of Sighting: North Ingonish Cape Breton Island Nova Scotia Canada.
Number of witnesses: 2
Number of Objects: 1
Shape of Objects: Round.

Full Description of Event/Sighting: Not sure if you got this when I just posted, my laptop is acting up.

I was shutting off the lights and heading to bed when I saw something in the air coming toward our house. I thought it was a remote control plane, but I saw there was a fire glowing in this thing I was looking at. I called to my husband to come and look. It is nice to have another set of eyes so you know what you are seeing is real.

The object was about 3 feet wide and the same in height. It looked like a red canopy with a small fire on a flat surface. It was about 30 feet or so in the air, it moved at the same slow speed while we watched it. It never wavered or wobbled, never went higher or lower in the air. It was close enough that I could have hit it with a pellet gun if I had one. There was no sound from it, no hum or motor noise.

We live across from the ocean overlooking a small island we call Ingonish Island. This object came from the northwest of our home where there is just woods and it went over the house and we watched it slow and steadily go over Ingonish Island and out into the black of the ocean still in the sky at the same height and same speed.

It is a clear night here in Ingonish with no wind, lots of stars and a lovely moon. You could be outside with just a sweatshirt.

I have never seen anything like this and told my husband that we should phone someone, but who do you call. I looked in the phone book and phoned the Canadian Coast Guard, Joint Rescue Coordination Centre in Halifax, Nova Scotia. He listened to me and said that if he hears anything he would phone me back.

He asked if it might have been a flare, but we have a boat and I am familiar with flares and no, it was not a flare. He said after we spoke that it might have been a meteor. I said to him that if there is a ship out where this is flying in the ocean they would not need anything, but their eyes to see this. It was as clear as can be.

My husband and I have no idea what we saw and watched for about 4 minutes this evening, but I regret that I did not get a picture. The camera was on the table, but I could not believe what I was seeing ! I found your site online and decided to post. Maybe someone else saw what we did this evening. Thanks for listening. Never saw anything like it and may never again. Just wild !

If you have seen anything like this in the same area please be kind enough to contact Brian Vike at: sighting@telus.net with the details of your sighting. All personal information is kept confidential.

Sightings.com website: http://www.sightings.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment