Friday, October 14, 2011

Five Orange Balls Of Light Seen Over Hemel Hempstead UK

Date: July 21, 2011
Time: Approx: 11:15 p.m.

Dear Brian, I have just seen five objects, four about 30 seconds apart, fly almost over Hemel Hempstead, possibly from north west to south west passing over south western boundary of Hemel (over Potten end towards Bovingdon). There is a possibility they were following radio beacon at Bovingdon?

The first four came fast, spaced 30 seconds apart and as one passed out of my view the next was in view on same flight path (right to left over approximate 100 degree view before they were shielded from my view by a tree. The fifth one came down the same path about a minute later.

They appeared to be orange balls of large-ish radius, but I could not hear any sound. Due to the speed they passed I'd guess they were around 10,000 feet or so, they passed over more quickly than I'd expect an aircraft. The did not appear to have normal red/green lights or landing light, but if they had the lights could have been obscured by the brightness of the orange light seemingly surrounding them. I thought of Chinese lanterns but surely they were too fast and the light was too intense. I could not see any form to them.

I thought they couldn't be balloons - too fast, all on exact same path, but all seemed silent.

They could be aircraft for same reasons above, but were silent, possibly military or spy stuff??

They couldn't have been meteorites as path curved slightly and no trail, round ball of light effect.

Time of sighting about 23:15 hours Sunday 24 July 2011 - From Grovehill West, Hemel Hempstead looking toward leighton buzzard road.

Additional Information:

Dear Brian, I emailed a short while ago with a sighting in Hemel Hempstead, Herts England.

Sorry just realized I didn't give you the weather conditions, the sky is clear , stars clearly visible, no mist or clouds to horizon, no wind, Also if you're not aware of my locale, Bovingdon is a village about three miles away where an atc beacon is set up at an old wartime airfield to give current aircraft directions. I'm not sure it's still operating though.

I first saw the orange balls from my bedroom as I opened curtains with lights off to go to bed. I watched four pass 30 seconds apart so opened a my window as I couldn't distinguish the shape of the objects, except a ball like glow. Viewing them 'clear' didn't help so I went downstairs and out back of house to get my binocs from the car but saw the fifth one passing on the other side of my house, (viewed from my back garden over the house roof) (it wasn't flying directly over my house, it was probably a mile away, horizontally from my house). I was too late for the binocs to do any good. The fifth one was the last (I think) Hope I'll sleep tonight!!

Could the five objects be military jets flying out or back to train or from/to mission? I thought jets on afterburners give a bluer dancing diamond type jet output and they were elongated glow, not almost spherical glow as here? Also do they have silent jets, or fast, silent jet heli's that do the orange glow thing?? No red green lights or landing lights....I'd better go or I'll never sleep!

If you have seen anything like this in the same area please be kind enough to contact Brian Vike at: sighting@telus.net with the details of your sighting. All personal information is kept confidential.

Sightings.com website: http://www.sightings.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment