Thursday, January 19, 2012

Red Light Spotted Over Queen's Park Edinburgh Scotland (Chinese Lanterns)

 
Date:  January 18, 2012
Time:  Approx: 8:15 p.m.

Good evening, I saw something similar while driving through Edinburgh Queen's Park (Holyrood Park) last night (18 January 2012).

Funnily enough it was at the same time as your report on this page, about 8:15 p.m. http://worldufos.blogspot.com/2011/03/intense-orange-colored-object-west-of.html

I entered the park at the Pollock Halls gate, and turned left at both roundabouts. As I drove downhill, heading north west. I saw a red light in the sky with a bit of an orange tint to it.

It seemed to be a stubby vertical cylinder, very bright, possibly encased by a clear plastic globe. I say plastic because glass would have given a sharper quality to the light.

The light seemed to be slightly diffused.

It could have been a balloon, but seemed a bit large for a Chinese lantern. Chinese New Year celebrations are already under way, so a lantern is a possibility.

I was able to slow down as there was no traffic behind me, but could not stop safely until I got to the bottom of the hill, by which time it was out of my line of sight so I didn't bother. Other cars came up the hill at the same time as I went down, and they must have seen it too.

It did not appear to be moving (but remember I was driving, and had to keep checking the road).

On checking the alignment on Google Maps and Street View afterwards I could persuade myself that it may have been over Edinburgh Castle.

One other thing, as I passed Pollock Halls before entering the Park I noticed a crowd of about 30 people, probably students from the halls of residence, and I wonder now if they were looking at the same thing.

Whatever it was was large, and it seemed to be man-made. Like your original poster, I would like to know what it was too.

Update:

Hello Brian, I asked a friend who works at Edinburgh Castle. He told me that some students released 5 Chinese Lanterns at Prestonfield Hotel that night.
That is close to the Queen's Park, so what I saw was probably one of those. Sorry to have troubled you.

If you have seen anything like this in the same area please be kind enough to contact Brian Vike at: sighting@telus.net with the details of your sighting. All personal information is kept confidential.

The Vike Factor (Brian Vike) http://the-v-factor-paranormal.blogspot.com/

Sightings.com website: http://www.sightings.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment