Friday, January 13, 2012

Peculiar Vertical Bright Orange Beam Of Light In The Sky Over Edmonton Alberta

 
Date:  January 11, 2012
Time:  Approx: 11:15 p.m.
 
Vike Factor Note: This strange occurrence was seen by another person who filed a report on the sighting: Vertical Orange Beam Of Light Seen From Edmonton Alberta” http://the-v-factor-paranormal.blogspot.com/2012/01/vertical-orange-beam-of-light-seen-from.html
 
Hello Brian, this week on Wednesday January 11th, 2012 I witnessed a very peculiar orange beam of light in the sky. At about a 11:15 p.m. a few friends and myself were driving back home from west Edmonton Mall, when my girlfriend in the passenger seat excitedly pointed something out.
 
When I looked into the sky, I saw a large beam of very bright orange light pointing nearly vertically into the sky. At first I thought It was an illusion of one of the lights on the road reflecting off the car window, as the light had the same vibrant orange glow, but as we drove it didn't seem to move from it's place, and would slightly dim and then grow bright again.
 
We watched it the whole way home, and then I stood on my back deck at my home and watched until either it faded out too much to see, or the city lights and haze in the distance blocked it out. I wasn't able to see it any longer by 11:45 p.m.
 
It was the strangest thing, I've ever seen a light like that in the sky before, and I do quite a bit of star watching. It seemed to have no origin, the beam of light wasn't coming from the ground up, it was just a small streak in the sky. 
 
I really had hoped others aside from us in the car had seen this, and was fortunate enough to find your blog with the entry of the couple witnessing the same thing on the same night. I left a comment, but decided I should contact you with my whole sighting anyways. Thanks.
 
If you have seen anything like this in the same area please be kind enough to contact Brian Vike at: sighting@telus.net with the details of your sighting. All personal information is kept confidential.

The Vike Factor (Brian Vike) http://the-v-factor-paranormal.blogspot.com/

Sightings.com website: http://www.sightings.com/

11 comments:

  1. My friend and I saw a light similar to this is Aynor, SC in 2005. We were returning to my home in a rural neighborhood, as as we turned onto a new road, we saw an orange triangle of light above the treeline. It was opaque and twice as tall as the pine trees. It looked as though the sky was a black piece of construction paper and the light was a triangle piece of orange paper. It was bright, but it did not light up the sky around it. The borders were very definite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just did a google search on these lights and found this thread the reason I searched is because there are quite a few of them around our town right now in pueblo colorado some are green and some orange I am pretty intrested and curious to see if anyone as any kind of explanation or theory on these lights or if its just an unexplained phenomenon

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am currently seen a similar kind of light with my neighbours in Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea. Its quite strange because we felt a slight earthquake only midnight last night. Anyone got any explanation for this?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just same the same exact vertical streak of bright orange light in the western sky, looking from Chicago. It was like someone slit the sky with a knife and the wound was glowing bright orange. It did not move or fade in and out until it just faded away for good after about 10 mins after we first saw it. The date was Saturday September 20, 2014.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw the same but there was also one that looked like a hook. Breckenridge C.O 9/30/15

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tonight (11/14/14) at around 7:40pm in Fairfield, California me and my boyfriend were standing outside my house when I noticed a straight orange line not very long in the sky. It seemed to be fading in and out getting brighter and dimmer randomly but never moving. We looked at it for about 10 minutes until it completely faded out. Ive been trying to research it ever since and was amazed at how similar the comments on here from all over the world are compared to what we saw, I even said to him it looked like a slit in the sky as is the sky had been a thin layer of something. Would loved to know what we have all seen.

    ReplyDelete
  7. me and my girlfriend saw the same type of orange vertical light at 7.45 pm uk time on 4th march 2015 near stockton on tees England.. really strange it felt like it was from another world it was a clear night and not too cold

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dec 11 2015 at 1130 PM Eastern Time in Kimball, MI, USA stationary orange vertical line of light high in the sky

    ReplyDelete
  9. Same just appeared for 15 minutes to the north of Livingston in Scotland. Someone above said it was like someone had cut into the sky with a knife. Good description of it. It was vertical in appearance and there seemed to be 4 to 5 orb type lights equal spaced between the top and the bottom of the slice that were just slightly more bright. Was quite big in size, very noticeable. Any ideas folks ?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Same in Livingston Scotland tonight. Any ideas ?

    ReplyDelete