Thursday, December 24, 2009

Black Rectangle Viewed From West Jet Flight Between Prince George And Vancouver B.C.


Date: December 2000 ? Time: Early afternoon.

Location of Sighting: Somewhere between Prince George and Vancouver B.C.
Number of witnesses: 1 Number of objects: 1 Shape of objects: Rectangle.

Full Description of event/sighting: Hi Brian, "Flying Briefcase" is the best description I can give of what I saw high above the mountains of British Columbia.

The recent reports that have been sent in by others, about black rectangles, has brought back this episode to mind.

I'm not sure, but think it was likely in December around 1999 or 2000. I could be quite incorrect on the date. I just know it was a while ago.

I was flying south from Prince George to Victoria as a passenger on a regular West Jet flight. We left Prince George in relatively clear sky but as we neared the Coast Mountains the cloud cover below increased. We were flying in sunshine well above the clouds, probably at an altitude of around 30,000 feet.

My seat was near the back of the plane on the right side and I had my face pressed against the window for most of the flight. I was watching for any gaps in the clouds below, so I was looking directly down. We were traveling in a south west direction so the sun was not shining on my side of the plane.

That is when I saw the "briefcase" fly past, right below the wing. If it had been much more underneath the plane it would have been out of my line of sight.

I saw it for only a second but the rectangular shape and black color was very definite against the backdrop of white clouds below. Instinctively I turned my head towards the back of the plane where it had disappeared, but of course saw nothing.

My thought progression went something like this. "Oh, someone lost a briefcase. A cargo door must be open" followed by "Don't be silly, it must have been a very big bird. Lucky we didn't hit it!" and "I wish we could turn around and take another look".

I sat bemused for a while, acknowledging to myself that I don't think any birds really fly that high and even if they did, I don't know of any that are shaped like a rectangle! I knew it wasn't lost luggage. I've already been on a plane flying out of Prince George that had an open door in the cargo area. Believe me, we noticed!

I don't know if anyone else saw the shape. The pilots might have since we flew right over it, but they certainly weren't going to get on the intercom and say something like" Wow! Did any of you see that black thing we almost hit? I wonder what it was?"

Since that time I've periodically thought about finding someone who has skills in physics. I certainly don't. I would like to be able to calculate the size of the object. I know it was actually much larger than a briefcase. At the speed we were going I imagine a briefcase would have been no more than a quick black flash, if that. I feel the shape was quite close to the plane because of the speed it passed by. I've been in jets when I've looked out to see other large jets going the opposite direction not far below us. They are visible and easily identifiable for a relatively long time.

As far as I know we were about 30,000 feet and traveling around 400 mph. I don't know how high the clouds were but we were well above them. The object was between us and the clouds.

So my physics question is. Assuming the object was stationary and within a thousand feet of the plane, at the speed we were going, how big would it need to be to appear to be the size of a briefcase.

Any help on that?

Thanks Brian.

Email Brian Vike: v_factor_paranormal@live.com

Brian Vike, Director of The Vike Factor (Into The Paranormal) http://the-v-factor-paranormal.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

  1. I can't guesstimate how big the object you saw was, but your report reminded me of a couple of my own sightings that may interest you. First,
    I saw a black rectangle over Denver several years ago - probably around 2005. I think I gauged it to be about a mile up when I first saw it and reported it to nuforc (the report must be online at that site if you want to search for it). It was very large...much larger than any known aircraft but I would guess smaller than a football field (hard to say). Completely black, very thin, and quite curiously "folding itself" over itself end over end ("slinky"-style is the best way I can describe it) as it flew west. The other sighting was of a disk-shaped UFO, which you can read about here

    ReplyDelete