Wednesday, January 11, 2012

8 Bright Orange Lights Seen Over Goodby's Creek Area Jacksonville Florida

 
Date:  December 31, 2011
Time:  Approx: 9:00 p.m.
 
I live in the Goodby's Creek area in Jacksonville, Florida. Around 9:00 p.m. (12/31/2011), my wife and I counted as many as eight bright orange lights (I counted 7, she counted 8).
 
We saw them in the southwest for several minutes, and they appeared to be moving steadily toward the east, not speeding up or slowing down, nor changing direction.
 
They eventually faded out one at a time. The last one faded out almost directly overhead. My wife believes she saw them change directions, but I did not notice that.
 
I tried to get a video of it with my mobile phone camera, but that didn't work out.

I have never seen anything like this. At first, we thought they might be helicopters from Camp Blanding. Then maybe rockets, but we saw no smoke trail.
 
Perhaps they were meteors glancing through the atmosphere. They were certainly the right color for meteors, but I'm not sure I'm satisfied with that explanation either.
 
My wife is definitely not satisfied with that explanation, and she is a meteorite/star-gazing enthusiast. We are both skeptical of UFO sightings and not prone to get exited about such stuff.
 
But what I saw last night was very interesting.
 
If you have seen anything like this in the same area please be kind enough to contact Brian Vike at: sighting@telus.net with the details of your sighting. All personal information is kept confidential.

The Vike Factor (Brian Vike) http://the-v-factor-paranormal.blogspot.com/

Sightings.com website: http://www.sightings.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment