Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Lights Baffle The Residents Of Prince George British Columbia (Case Solved)

From the Vike Factor archives (Brian Vike) http://the-v-factor-paranormal.blogspot.com/

By Brian Vike

I thought I would add a little note over this sighting, it is very important for folks to file any and all sighting reports. In the below report, orange lights were seen and so many people found it really. Well I guess they would watching this weird sight unfold in the dark hours. It turned out I was able to solved the case with all the witnesses input, but please, file your light sightings, I don’t care what it is, as one never does know what it could be connected to.

Thank you, Brian Vike.

I thought I would send this report along to you. (I sent the report to Jeff Rense) The reason why I thought it important is because I would like people who read the information below to know that I do investigate UFO sightings the best I can and I am looking for the truth, and trying to solve cases that come into me, know matter what the outcome is. Dozens of witnesses in Prince George, British Columbia observed a real unusual night time event involving strange unknown lights. Only a very few residents actually saw what was causing the lights.

On the evening of February 31, 2004, a large number of Prince George residents were stunned and puzzled over what they were observing in the night sky between 8:00 - 10:00 p.m., PST. Some called the Prince George Citizen newspaper to explain what it was they saw, and how peculiar it was. All of the witnesses, by the dozens, observed two extremely bright, orange circular lights in the sky.

The lights stayed fairly close together and did not make any sudden moments. Many residents reported that the lights were just hanging there for a number of minutes, before moving ever so slightly. Brian Vike was contacted by the Prince George Citizen enquiring about it, and a staff reporter did an interview for Saturday, February 7, 2004 newspaper.

Over the weekend the telephone did not stop ringing. Many reports of orange lights came in from Prince George, B.C. residents. Plus other very interesting reports for 2003 and back as far as the 1950's. Some of these reports included beams of lights hitting their vehicles as they travelled along the highways. A huge ball of light hovering over the tree tops not making any sound. A line of red balls of light sitting stationary in the night sky, etc.

After taking the calls and listening to the stories, some of the descriptions started me thinking. Some had watched the whole event unfold, viewing the lights through binoculars. A retired military man was certainly the key to this case. Plus another lady who also gave a great description of the event.

I made several enquiries to the RCMP, but the police had no information about the matter and took no calls from the general public over it, which I found rather unusual due to the large amount of people that knew about the sighting and were making inquiries.

I typed up a few reports below from the eye witnesses who called in.

Report #1

Prince George, British Columbia
Report received February 7, 2004

Date: January 31, 2004
Time: Between 8:00 and 9:00 p.m.

I had a call from a lady on February 7, 2004 who wanted to file a report on something she and her husband witnessed as they were driving down Tabor from 15th. They looked to the east and saw lights in the sky and thought at first it may have been an airplane. The witnesses mentioned they saw no strobe lights, which they knew an aircraft would have.

They reported the lights were moving rather slowly. As they drove down the road, they passed by the trees which blocked their view of the lights in the sky. After they came to a clear area, they stopped the car and looked to the south and again noticed the lights.

The witnesses told me that when they saw it again, this time it appeared to look like a black balloon, or umbrella shape.

The lady said it looked as if the object would flip over, so the umbrella appearance was at the bottom and then would show up back on top. The lady and husband reported not a sound coming from it and whatever it was dropped downwards. The couple reported the lights as being white in color. The witnesses estimated they observed the event for approximately 5 minutes.

The folks didn't believe the object was very far from their location, and said it wasn't that high up when they first saw it. Also they finally lost sight of the lights when they dropped down low enough that homes finally blocked their view. The people estimated the size to be roughly that of a golf ball. One other note, the witnesses said they believed that the lights were moving diagonally as they came closer to the ground.

Thank you to the witnesses for their report.

Report #2

Prince George, British Columbia
Report received February 7, 2004

Date: January 31, 2004
Time: Between 9:00 - 9:30 p.m.

A gentleman called to report seeing the orange lights over Prince George on January 31, 2004. He and his wife live near 1st and Foothills in Prince George and were planning an evening out when they walked out of their home, which faces towards the downtown area when they noticed the two orange colored lights in the night sky. They said the lights were very bright and that is what caught their attention.

The witness went on to say he is used to seeing helicopters and fixed winged aircraft flying over all the time, but what he could not understand was the brightness of the lights, also how close the lights were to one another. The couple stood just outside their front door watching the lights for a good three minutes, but due to them having reservations they had to get on their way.

The husband wondered if it might be a UFO, his wife said it possibly might be a plane, but both still thought it looked rather odd. The fellow told me he almost dismissed it at that time, but as they drove along 1st Avenue heading towards Tabor and not traveling very far, the fellow decided it was time to pull the car over, as he said, one doesn't get to see anything like this very often or ever.

As they both sat watching, they were able to get a good view of what was taking place. One of the orange lights appeared to be over top of the other or maybe off to a bit of an angle to the left. Another 3 to 4 minutes passed and the bottom light started dropping off towards the left and seemed to flicker a little bit.

He thought it may have been going into some of the light clouds that were present that evening, then all of a sudden the light disappeared. The other light was still visible and stayed around the same area in the sky for a little while longer.

The witness estimated the last light held it's brilliance for maybe another 30 seconds, before it started to flicker. It began to fade and then would become very bright again. This went on for a very short period of time before it to vanished.

Again it was lightly overcast with a high ceiling. The witness also estimated the objects were roughly a finger length apart if one was to hold out their hand at arms length. The witness stated that the lights did sit stationary for some of the time, before moving.

He reported no sound was heard, and no aircraft were seen in the area. At arm's length, using his thumbnail to guess at an approximately size of the lights, he said each one may have been one fifth of the size of his nail.

Thank you to the witnesses for their report.

Report #3

Prince George, British Columbia
Report received February 7, 2004

Date: January 31, 2004
Time: Approx: 9:30 p.m.

Calls kept coming into Brian Vike over the January 31, 2004 sighting in Prince George, B.C.

Below is another report from a fellow who wanted to tell me what he saw that evening. The evening was overcast and no stars were visible at the time of the sighting. The man went on to tell me that his daughter spotted it first, and then called to the rest of the family to come out and look at the strange lights in the sky, which were reported to be just over top of one of the local mountains.

He explained that the color of the lights were an orange/white. The fellow also said he thought there may have been a small tail behind each of the lights, but it was hard to distinguish for certain. The lights were stationary for a very short time when these folks noticed them and as they watched, the lights did start to move, but ever so slightly.

They said there were two very bright lights which looked identical to one another. The man's wife said they looked like landing lights from an aircraft due to how close they were together, and the brightness of them. They all ruled this out quickly as the lights just stayed in the one area of the sky. They observed the lights rise up for a short distance, still staying close to one another.

As they watched one of the lights seemed to disappear quickly, but they didn't think it went into the clouds as he noted the cloud ceiling was rather high that night and the lights weren't close to them.

The other remaining light was seen to move back, or away from the families location and it also disappeared. Both lights were extremely bright, and the family said they stayed that way until they finally blinked out, or just vanished.

These folks figured they watched the lights for at least two minutes before they were gone. The man said, how long they were visible before he noticed them is anyone's guess. They also reported no sound and the witnesses said if it had a plane or helicopter you would have certainly have heard it. The folks estimated that the lights were approximately 10 times larger than their thumbnail.

Thank you to the family for their report.

Report #4

Prince George, British Columbia
Report received February 7, 2004

Date: January 31, 2004
Time: Approx: 9:30 - 10:00 p.m.

Now this was a very interesting call that I received from a man who resides in Prince George, B.C. When I answered the phone, the fellow said he had just read their local newspaper and that he could tell me exactly what the lights were that everyone saw that evening. Below is the report the gentleman gave to me.

The fellow said he watched the whole event through a pair of field glasses. It was January 31, 2004, between 9:30 - 10:00pm and the man claims "it" landed two blocks from his home. The witness said what he watched was a couple of night jumpers, jumping with parachutes with lights attached around their feet or ankles. The man observed them coming over from the west over the hill.

He mentioned that he had a fairly strong set of glasses (binoculars) and was clearly able to see the jumpers hanging in their chutes and saw when they turned their lights off. One of them landed in a park, just two blocks away from the witnesses home and the other went towards the Fraser River and the BCR Railway. The gentleman figured the were practicing night jumping.

When the jumpers were first spotted, they were rather high up and he and his wife first thought it may have been an airplane. He went on to say the lights were a very bright orange in color, and the reason they were no longer visible, was simply because they had turned them off.

The fellow, now retired, was in the military himself and had done a lot of jumping and as soon as he spotted the orange lights, he thought it looked familiar due to the descent, plus the way the lights were traveling. When he looked through his binoculars he knew exactly what it was he was seeing.

He figured the jumpers used their lights to keep track of each other and to designate where they were going to. Once they started getting closer to the ground, they turned off their lights and just used the lights from the city to land. He also said the chutes were beautiful, very modern shaped parachutes and the jumpers with such good gear were able to carry out some of the antics they pulled off that cold evening.

It was actually comical as the witness said one of the jumpers almost turned himself upside down and then this would give the impression of the lights going back up into the night sky. The two jumpers were carrying out some acrobatics on their way and obviously no sound was reported.

Mysterious Lights Over Prince George Explained

By Bernice Trick Citizen Staff
©Prince George Citizen Newspaper

The mystery of the orange lights in the sky above Prince George about a week ago has been solved.

"The lights turned out to be parachutists jumping at night," said Brian Vike, a UFO expert from Houston.

"The jumpers were doing acrobatics -- almost doing somersaults at times -- and the orange lights attached to their feet or ankle areas would appear to rise upwards during the acrobatics," Vike said. The mystery was solved by a retired military man who viewed the action with a pair of binoculars, he said.

"One landed close to his home, and he said just before landing, the jumper turned the lights off."

On Friday the Citizen ran a story of the unusual sightings reported by Andrea Lanoue who, with four friends, observed bright orange objects.

She described the lights as hovering for a time before moving slightly apart at different speeds, and some of them "fading off".

Vike said he's not sure if the skydivers used the lights to keep track of each other during formation jumping or if they were "playing some kind of hoax".

A UFO survey released Monday by Ufology Research of Manitoba shows the top 10 communities in Canada for reported UFO sightings, Vike said. In 2003, there were 673 reported sightings across Canada, with Vancouver leading with 41. Toronto ranked second with 34 sightings, followed by Houston at 33, Terrace at 30, and Airdrie, Alberta at 17. Prince George is not among the top ten.

"Most reported unfamiliar lights in the sky are identified as meteors, planets or stars," Vike said, who became heavily involved in UFO sightings in 2000 after moving to Houston. Since then he's participated in radio shows in Canada and the U.S. and was one of the main characters featured in a 2002 TV documentary called "The Magnificent Obsession".

Among cases still unsolved is one involving two women travelling away from Kelowna last July. "They reported seeing three white lights which turned green and dropped down in front of them on the highway. They both reported a loss of 45 minutes, and a tingly throughout their bodies," Vike said.

"They turned around and headed back to Kelowna with the light following them for a short distance before disappearing," said Vike, noting eight other people also reported seeing green lights. The next day, both women felt ill with a passenger having a nose bleed and finding a burn mark on her tail bone which the doctor said appeared to be a radiation burn. Since then, both have experienced weight loss, hair loss, nausea, salt cravings, dehydration and pressure to the back of their neck. But doctors cannot figure out the problem, Vike said.

Vike's website at http://the-v-factor-paranormal.blogspot.com/ or call his toll-free number at (I dropped the line)

From the Vike Factor archives (Brian Vike) http://the-v-factor-paranormal.blogspot.com/

If you have seen anything like this in the same area please be kind enough to contact Brian Vike at: sighting@telus.net with the details of your sighting. All personal information is kept confidential.

Sightings.com website: http://www.sightings.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment