Thursday, March 24, 2011

Orange/Red Colored Light Abruptly Accelerates Seen From Albertville Wright County Minnesota

Date: March 23 and 24, 2011
Time: 10:50 p.m. and 12:40 a.m.

Number of witnesses: 1
Number of Objects: 1
Shape of Objects: Bright orange sphere.

Full Description of Event/Sighting: At approximately 10:45pm I was returning home from the store, where I proceeded outside onto my driveway to smoke a cigarette. I looked to the southwest horizon observing the constellations. Located midway between the right 2 stars of the belt and approximately half that distance above the stars was an orange/red colored light.

I presumed the light to be that of a satellite. Around 11:00pm I observed the light seeming in a higher location to the stars slightly. I continued observing assuming the light would continue moving at a slow pace. After less than a few minutes of watching the object, it abruptly accelerated up and away from Orion's belt and rested directly above the left star of the belt and approximately 1.5x the length of the belt from my observation spot.

I observed the light in it’s new location and it abruptly shifted right positioning and the light directly between the far left star and the middle star still located approximately 1.5x the length of the belt above it.

At this point I ran inside to grab my telescope. I observed the light from 11:20pm to 12:05am. In this time frame the light was unmoving, although in my absence it had appeared to have moved slightly higher than the belt. At 12:05am the light was still located in the same spot, but the stars had shifted down near the horizon line. (the light stayed in view the full time on the highest power lens I have without any corrective action)

After warming up, I returned outside at around 12:35am. I observed the light near the same location as it had been when I first observed it. (It looked to be exactly where I first located it, but I cannot be sure due to my original landmarks being gone)

I decided to see if anyone else had seen similar events and report my observations. Take it for whatever you want, this is only my scientific observation.

If you have seen anything like this in the same area please be kind enough to contact Brian Vike at: sighting@telus.net with the details of your sighting. All personal information is kept confidential.

Sightings.com website: http://www.sightings.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment