Thursday, March 24, 2011

Intense Orange Colored Object West Of Edinburgh City Scotland UK

Date: March 24, 2011
Time: Between 8:15 p.m. - 9:10 p.m.

Are hot air balloons allowed to fly over the UK at night?

Spotted tonight, initially hovering over the west of Edinburgh city at approximately 8:15 pm. I watched as the object made off in a southerly direction over the Pentland Hills to quickly fade and disappear. I have to admit that it did look like a hot-air-balloon, but the large "flame" was an intense orange colour and when in motion was much too fast for a balloon.

It seemed to have a balloon like canopy that was cream in colour and semi transparent, but I saw no balloon style ribbing and no basket or gondola beneath.

The object reappeared almost an hour later as I was walking my dog. It steadily and at quite a speed, flew with the purpose of a manually guided craft back over the hills (as far as I know, balloons don't make U turns) to the spot in the sky where I first saw it, where, once again, it hovered before moving slowly a short distance to the west.

It then started to fade and vanish in what was a cloudless sky with many visible stars, almost as if the light or flame was slowly turned off.

If there are any other reported sightings, I would be very interested to know exactly what it was that I saw.

If you have seen anything like this in the same area please be kind enough to contact Brian Vike at: sighting@telus.net with the details of your sighting. All personal information is kept confidential.

Sightings.com website: http://www.sightings.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment