Monday, May 17, 2010

Orange Ball Of Fire In The Sky Over Dexter Missouri

Date: May 17, 2010
Time: 10:38 p.m.

G'day. My name is (name removed), I am 20 years old, and I live in the United States, in the City of Dexter, state of Missouri. Tonight is the 17th of May, 2010. It is exactly 10:38 P.M. Ten minutes ago, I arrived home from work, and I was feeding my dog some scraps. I looked to the sky, as my usual habit, searching for a particular star, often viewed upon in the western sky. As I searched, I noticed a large round light, almost in the same spot the star normally occupied, albeit in a more northerly fashion.

This light was very large, bigger than the other stars in the sky, and larger than Venus viewed from our distance. As I focused closer, blinking my eyes against the wind, the orange ball seemed to pulse, and dance as would a flame. I thought to my self, "Perhaps it is a dying star, rather, a supernova, flickering through the clouds." I tried to come up with explanations as to what it might be. I thought perhaps it was a fire a-top the tree-line, the wooded area being a fair distance away, maybe even two clicks away. But as I strained my eyes, I saw that the light was quite a ways above the tree-line, and drawing closer as the night sky wore on.

Now, I couldn't possibly rack my thoughts to an explanation, but I was hoping to consider it being a star, since it was in a fixed location in the sky, and was slowly lowering into the horizon. But as my knowledge deems it, stars do not fade out, pulse, or reappear in bright orange and yellow flame-like colors. Supernovas, dying stars, they flicker rapidly, as you know, in a variety of colors: blue, red, yellow, white even, but this object did no such thing.

I believe steadfastly in the unknown and the supernatural, but I am no skeptic. I am not originally from Missouri, or it's surrounding areas, so stereotypical culture has not had its mark on my beliefs. I do hope exceedingly that you may have some idea as to what it may be, and I look forward to your feedback. Thank you much for site and your information.

If you have seen anything like this in the same area please be kind enough to contact Brian Vike at: sighting@telus.net with the details of your sighting. All personal information is kept confidential.

Sightings.com website: http://www.sightings.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment