Saturday, August 17, 2013

Huge Red Swirling Ball With Flaring Red Orange Flaming Edges Seen Over Bridge River Lillooet British Columbia (Letter)


(From Brian Vike’s UFO Files) Re-posted by Mel.

Date: Winter of 1966.
Time 9:00 p.m.  

In 1966, finding myself alone, except for the family cat, Caboodle, after the family breakup and ultimate divorce, I traveled up the Fraser River Canyon to the small village of Lillooet, two hundred road miles north of Vancouver. My former C.O. from my Army days, (name deleted), lived in a mobile home and worked with (name deleted) on her Bridge River-Lillooet News.

I joined them, and having spent a month living over The News Office with (name deleted), I learned I could rent a dandy suite overlooking the Fraser River Canyon The sliding doors opened onto a wide sun deck. The P.G.E. rails were just beyond the fence at the end of the lot. When the 110 car freight rumbled by I was face to face with the engineers. I used to try to list the many boxcars, the rolling stock of railroads from all over North America in those pre computer days.  

At nights no lights shone from the few homes scattered on the bench land below, on the other side of the tracks. The highway connecting Lillooet with the outside world was in the far side of the river. Came the darkness, the valley was pitch black except for the odd set of headlights of cars traveling into town. There was no road on the mountainside which loomed up on the town side of the canyon.  

One winter Friday night my friend had walked over for a visit. The folks in the adjoining suite had the TV on for the Dean Martin Show which aired at 9:00 p.m. My friend relaxed in an easy chair from which she could see out through the sliding doors. I sat opposite on the chesterfield, too far back to share her view.

As we chatted, she suddenly, turned her head, and, staring out through the glass door, exclaimed in a sharp voice, "What's that ?" I jumped up quickly to share her excitement and immediately saw a huge red swirling ball with flaring red orange flaming edges coming towards us from above the west side mountain. Grabbing the glass door catch I shouted "let's get out onto the deck !"', which we did.

As we stood side by side, we watched the whirling fire ball hurdle towards us, so fast that we both ducked down, putting our hands on our heads as we truly expected to be hit as it crashed upon us. But, as we crouched and watched, the thing hovered "just above the mountainside" so to speak, spinning and flaring, to right, to left, to right again, for a few seconds.

It hesitated on the final jerk to the right, then in erratic short jumps, still spinning and flaring, it began to recede, grow smaller, to nothing, back into the sky from whence it had come. We returned to the room, quite shaken up, and my friend snapped, "Exactly what did we see ?" I put into words much as I have in this account, using my extended arm to describe the movement. "Exactly !" she snapped.  

Being Friday night with everything closed for the weekend, we had no way of finding out if anyone else had shared the sight. The News was being printed, not in Lillooet, but in Fort St. John at Ma'sson Dan's newspaper shop, so nothing was "of the moment". By the time the weekend was over and folks were back on the job, we felt rather foolish in speaking of our UFO encounter.

Had we not rushed to the sun deck, causing us to be physically involved, had we just focused and seen it with our sight, we may well have pondered if we had seen it at all. I recall when I saw the movie, "Strange Encounters" some years back I thought the UFO props were not nearly as exciting as what my friend and I had shared on that Friday night in Lillooet, B.C.  

It is now August 20, 2000 and in Houston Newspaper, Wednesday 9 August 2000 one Brian Vike is asking for news of any sightings "past or present" and as (name deleted) passed on at 83, years ago, and I am now living in (location deleted) on the shore of (location deleted) at age 87.

I decided to pass on our joint experience of that special Friday night in Lillooet. My dear friend would truly approve !

My Many Thanks And Warm Wishes To Sourdough Sue Ward And Her Friend Sue's Colorful Name Comes From Her Adventures In Dawson City, Yukon Names and location of course are deleted to protect their privacy.

Also I wanted to add the letter Sue wrote to me over what she and her friend saw. Makes the sighting more personal and exciting.




Brian Vike (Retired)
Box 1091
Houston, British Columbia, Canada.

Email: sighting@telus.net

The Vike Factor (Brian Vike) http://the-v-factor-paranormal.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment