Thursday, October 1, 2009

UFO Encounter On Highway #16 - Three Frightened Women

Brian Vike' Note: I have included the pictures and names of the three ladies who were involved in this UFO incident. Along with a graphic of what the object appeared to look like.

Location: 3 Kilometers east of Telkwa, British Columbia, Canada on highway #16

Viewing Time: approx. 90 seconds.Weather Conditions: Overcast. (Woodmere UFO Sighting) I was contacted by a friend who told me about three ladies who went to Smithers, British Columbia, Canada for a days shopping. Once they had their day outing the ladies left Smithers at approx: 8:45 PM Friday night, February 1, 2002 on their way home to Houston, B.C.

It was a dark and overcast night as they traveled the 45 minutes back to Houston on highway #16 heading east. After passing through the small community of Telkwa, just 3kilometers east they all noticed a "very" bright light glowing through the overcast sky.

While they watched this bright light in the distance their thoughts were that it was the moon shining through, they gasped as this object poked slowly through the cloud cover descending as it drew closer in their direction. The witnesses were traveling at a speed of 90 kilometers per hour with the glowing object coming toward them. One of the ladies thought it may be a bomb or something, as she remembered the world terrorist events of recent times. The glowing light dropped down a head of them just above the tree tops, still moving in their direction and getting closer to the highway.

The closer the light came to them, the larger it grew in size. As the seconds passed, all three witnesses became curious as to what this was and had slowed the car to approx: 50 kilometers per hour to get a better look. The bright light was almost above the vehicle. The driver of the car stepped on the gas and sped up to put some distance between them and the light which now turned out to be a "huge" craft. One of the ladies who was sitting in the back seat of the small car turned around and lay her back over the console between the driver and passengers seat, watching the object as it passed over the car. This witness who was looking up as it passed overhead of the vehicle said, there were 7 very large, bright white lights passing over head with two orange lights at either end. Very shaken, nervous and cold running through them they headed quickly towards home as the object still continued along its way toward the Telkwa area.

They mentioned that other vehicles were on the highway and had to have seen the object due to it's size and brightness. These ladies also said that a pick up truck passed them at a good rate of speed just seconds down the road after this incident. Investigators note: I went to interview the three ladies on Sunday night, February 3, 2002 at a friends home. While we were discussing this encounter one of them got a good case of the goose bumps. She said she was happy that she wasn't alone when this took place because she was so frightened not knowing what this object was. She also noted that if she had been alone she would never have said anything about what she witnessed due to not being believed by others. The witnesses drew a sketch of the object which passed over head. It was similar to a boomerang in shape and a "guestimate" of size would have placed this object at about 450 feet from end to end. I also contacted newspapers and radio stations throughout the area to see if any other witnesses to this sighting had come forward, but was told no one had reported seeing any type of object that night.

I also contacted the Houston RCMP asking if anyone had made a report but was told no. They did though, take a report from me, asking for the names of the witnesses which I declined to give. I then contacted the Smithers RCMP Detachment asking the same question and as far as they knew nothing had been reported to them either, but the receptionist asked me if a constable could contact me to get more information on this sighting. An RCMP constable did call and I told him what I knew. He then asked me if I would give him some personal information about myself. I agreed, and the RCMP constable asked for my full name, weight, height, color of my eyes, hair color, drivers license number and my street number and mailing address which I was happy to give to him. He told me he had already contacted the Houston RCMP detachment and the Smithers Airport Tower asking if they had any information about what was seen on February 1, 2002.

The Smithers RCMP now has an open file on this case. Update: This morning (February 14th 2002), I checked my email and found that another good friend and excellent UFO investigator wrote telling me of a sighting which took place between January 29 & 31st of 2002 approximately 6 km east of Burns Lake, BC. So something is taking place in and around our area.

Military Exercise Taken Place: On February 7, 2002 we left Smithers Airport finally after having a flight to Vancouver cancelled the previous day due to bad weather. There was a low cloud ceiling and the Dash 8-300 aircraft was not able to make a landing. But we rebooked for Thursday, February 7, 2002 to fly out of Smithers, BC. Finally the plane landed and we boarded the aircraft. The pilot's voice came over the PA announcing that the planes wings would need to be de-iced before take off. After all was done and we taxied out onto the runway, the pilot again made an announcement informing all the passengers that we were going to have to make a "slight" detour from our planned flight to Vancouver, BC. His explanation was military exercises were taking place "somewhere" along our flight path. Now knowing that two UFO sightings had just taken place in our area, I started to wonder if there was any connection to these incidents or was this just a routine practice planned in advance. I asked the stewardess what the pilot meant by this minor adjustment in the flight plan and she did ask the pilot and the answer I got was that the military can call for an exercise at anytime.

After I got home from my brief holiday south, I made several phone calls to enquire about any military exercise taking place in and around British Columbia at the time we had left for Vancouver. I contacted the military Public Affairs at Comox which is on Vancouver Island. I was informed that this gentleman was not aware of any type of exercises taking place at or around February 7 as I was told. The Public Affairs Officer informed me that he could not understand why the pilot would mention any military exercises occurring as they like to keep a low profile and not interfere with public transportation. I personally thought his statement a little strange. I then contacted the Smithers Airport flight tower and asked a few questions. I enquired if they were aware of any type of military happenings taking place on the designated flight path to Vancouver from Smithers BC. They also were not aware of anything regarding this matter.

"But", when speaking to one of the workers at the airport, I was informed that she was aware of something happening that night on February 1, 2002 as she sat with the control tower personal and they were discussing a unusual event had taken place that night.

I was told by the folks at the Smithers Flight tower that there were several locations in British Columbia which the Canadian military use for low and high level flight exercises. There are two areas around Knight Inlet on the west coast and another which was mentioned was a 1000 square kilometer area around Antahim Lake here close to my area. This part of the country is east of the southern end of Tweedsmuir Park (a wilderness area). Investigators note: I am not stating here that there is any type of cover up, but only gathering the facts which may or may not have anything to do with these sightings early in February, 2002. We do though need to check into any and all ideas which may lead to our military knowing something about these objects (crafts) seen by a number of creditable witnesses.

Below Image: One of the ladies drew what it was they witnessed.

Update for the February 1, 2002 sighting - Investigators note: There has been another witness who reported seeing something similar and very unusual on Friday, February 1, 2002.

Below, confirmation that a unknown craft was seen by others this night of February 1, 2002

Today, Sunday, March 24, 2002 I received a telephone call from a gentleman who lives in Smithers, British Columbia who had read an article in the Smithers Interior Newspaper about some of the sightings which have taken place from Kitimat, B.C. right through to Prince George. The paper also carried my contact information so if anyone had seen anything strange and wanted to, they could at least find me to file a report for investigation.

This witness told me he had gone to rent a video from the Smithers Hollywood Video store and after he came out and got into his car and starting driving down the road, something caught his eye. He mentioned, due to the lights from the town of Smithers he could see the object rather well. He pulled his vehicle over, got out and watched it fly slowly over and around the town for approximately five minutes. He also told me he thought it was descending and his first thoughts were of a para-glider and said it was the best way he could describe what he was looking at. He also said the object had "one" bright white light on it. He mentioned the light would go bright to dim, but said he wasn't sure if this was due to the object turning.

The witness mentioned that para-gliders often flew off Hudson Bay mountain and I asked him, because of that fact, had there ever been any other sightings of the gliders .... he replied "no, not at night".

I asked him if he had an idea what the size would have been of this object. He said it was hard to tell, but went on to say it would have been about the size of a para-glider if you were standing next to it. He also said the height from the ground would have been approx: 1500 feet. It slowly made turns over the town of Smithers. I also asked about the weather conditions at the time of his sighting, and he said it was overcast as did the three witnesses for the Telkwa sighting the same night.

The witness said he would never have mentioned his sighting to anyone as he did not know who or where to report this anyway, until he read the article in the newspaper.

Investigators Note: I was talking to some new friends (I am keeping their identity secret) and they told me that they knew for a fact that there was more than normal air traffic in and around our area after the sighting on February 1, 2002. Their source would not elaborate on what was taking place, but again said there were a number of aircraft patrolling the skies our way. I thought this was very interesting as well.

Another report was filed to me over the same incident, the boomerang craft was observed hovering over the Bulkley River in Houston, B.C. and was witnessed by a couple of well know business people here in town. These folks also reported hearing a slight humming noise and this is what got their attention to look out the window.

After this one major event took place, throughout 2002 and 2003 triangular craft and other weird objects were seen numerous times flying low over the small towns. The reports again were from creditable people who held good jobs.

Lastly, I should point out that I heard from a person who works at the Vancouver International Airport that he and others were also aware of something happening on the night of February 1, 2002 which involved a UFO.

Brian Vike, The Vike Factor (Into The Paranormal)

No comments:

Post a Comment