Saturday, December 31, 2011

Fireball/Meteor Seen Flying Over Albuquerque New Mexico

 
Date:  December 31, 2011
Time:  Between 8:00 p.m. and 8:30 p.m.
 
I just wanted to let you know that I saw this this evening as well as I was traveling west on Paseo Del Norte. It was incredible, never seen, what I assume to be a meteor like that before.
 
If you have seen anything like this in the same area please be kind enough to contact Brian Vike at: sighting@telus.net with the details of your sighting. All personal information is kept confidential.

The Vike Factor (Brian Vike) http://the-v-factor-paranormal.blogspot.com/

Sightings.com website: http://www.sightings.com/

4 comments:

  1. We saw it too! While travelling up unser/universe... crazy! Bright! Looked like a big 4th of july firework... only it was going down... not up...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Brian -

    Yes, I saw the meteor from the Mimbres Valley in southwestern NM around 7:30 pm. After the stating of new year's intentions last night with my Beloved, I walked outside to witness the brightest, biggest, longest blazing meteor I have ever seen streaking across the sky. The ball of fire was half the width of the moon and glimmered in orange and blue with a vivid tail of green!

    Let me know if you find out anything more about it, I am very curious to learn more!

    Bless
    Marya

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw it too... 8:14. The most spectacular meteor I have ever seen. I was pulling on to I 40 from the Juan Tabo ramp. It was horizon to horizon with a spectacular tail and a quite visible fireball. Wow!! what a sight.I actually had time to veer off to the side of the ramp to watch it fade..The first thing I thought of I'm going to see an aerial burst or in impact. I think the only reason it didn't, was it's it's trajectory. Had it been a more perpendicular angle, we may have had a hefty impact. A truly beautiful sight.
    Jerry Parsons.. Albuquerque

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very weird i just went outside to bring the dog in. i live in isleta pueblo just south of albuquerque. i happened to look up into the sky towards albuquerque (north northwest) when i saw a bright greenish light coming down out of the sky. I came in to tell my wife about it and how i had never seen anything like it. she said i should goggle it and i found this sight. what are the chances that people saw the same type of light almost exactly a year ago. very weird!!

    ReplyDelete