Sunday, September 27, 2009

Ghostly Presence Downtown Vancouver, British Columbia

Hi Brian. Seems like Halloween will quickly be upon us. I don't know if you are planning to invite people to write into you re. any ghostly or unusual happenings again this year but a few days ago I recalled an incident which happened to me back in the mid 70's I believe either the summer of 75 or 76. I thought I'd sent it to you a few years back but don't see it listed. I know I did sent it to the late Graham Conway and he was kind of interested but that was all that came of it.

Summer 1975 or 76, approx: 4:05 a.m.

At the time I was working as the security supervisor on the graveyard shift in Pacific Center Mall located in downtown Vancouver, BC. We used to rotate positions each hour. I had just been relieved at the security desk at 4 am and headed out into the mall. At that time of the night the mall was usually deserted so as I passed Holt Renfrew I stopped to admire a jacket which they had on display. The price appeared to be $40. So I had been contemplating coming back on payday and purchasing it.

I had only been there for a few moments when a little man came walking out from behind a rack of clothes. He was short, probably less than 5 ft. had reddish hair with sideburns and was wearing a green boller hat and a long green coat with tails and looked for all the world like one of Walt Disney's Leprechauns. At almost the same time as I saw him, he happened to glance my way and looked visibly startled to see me. We stared at each other for a moment and then as I grabbed for my radio he grinned at me and with a little wave of his hand disappeared behind another rack of clothes in front of me, to my left.

I quickly radioed the desk that we had an intruder and to get the police. Within in minutes we had four officers and a dog. I told them what I'd seen and then took them to the back of the store to let them in. I had the guard on the desk report to the Alarm Company that we were entering and then I shut of all the alarm systems. As the officers and I entered the store we couldn't help but notice all the alarm detectors and we all were wondering how anyone could be moving around without triggering them. I took them to where I'd seen the little man and the dog was let loose. It only took a few moments for the dog to check out the store with negative results.

While the dog was running around I took a closer look at the coat of my desires. Turned out the price tag had been partially obscured by a fold in the coat and it was $400., not $40. So much for that dream. I let the officers out the rear door and then reset all the alarms and met them back in the mall. They were all shaking their heads and looking at me kind of sideways. I walked them back to the main entrance to the mall and saw them on their way and then after speaking to the guard on the desk returned into the mall. Once again I paused in front of Holt Renfrew and once again the same little man appeared from behind the clothes rack where I'd last seen him.

Again he stopped for a moment and gave me a sly grin and then raised his hand and gave me the famous one fingered salute and then stepped behind the same rack where I'd first seen him. Once again I radioed for the police. The same four officers showed up with the dog and once more we went through the procedure and once more the dog searched the store with no results. By this time even the dog seemed to be looking at me sideways. Once again the officers were looking at me and shaking their heads. I assured them I was not sleepy and had not been hallucinating but they were still shaking their heads as they walked back to their cars. Thank God I did not ever see the little man again while I was working that location.
Thank you to the witness for the interesting story.

Brian Vike, The Vike Factor (Into The Paranormal)

No comments:

Post a Comment