Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Bright Green Object Moving Rapidly In The Sky Over New Jersey

 
Date:  March 5, 2012
Time:  Approx: 8:15 p.m.
 
First off, I'm at the least a skeptic about these topics (UFO's). I also believe that the military should be afforded their privacy as they develop things to keep us safe. Since I do not believe that what I saw compromises out defense, I want to share what I saw last night.

New Jersey - Route 22 west bound near Branchburg. In the northern sky I looked up to see an extremely fast moving object that had a green light on what appeared to be the aft end of whatever it was.
 
It happened so quickly that I was not able to say for certain what altitude it was traveling. It was around 8:15 pm, dark outside and fast-moving, so I did not see any shape.

If it was at high altitude, then there is no way that it could have been man-made, but I suspect that it was at a lower altitude, perhaps 5-10,000 feet, based on how low on the horizon it was (appearing just above the tree line). 
 
I was driving and I do not know why I looked up, perhaps another light caught my attention but I cannot say for certain. 

I immediately thought rocket, based entirely on the speed, but the thrust was very short and appeared somewhat rounded; not like any rocket that I am familiar with. The size of the green light could be compared to an afterburner, except it was more round in shape and distinctively green (almost like a neon - green). 
 
If my memory serves me correctly, it seemed to move a little slower at first, but accelerated to speeds that I have never seen. I am not 100 percent certain about this, though - my most prominent recollection was how fast this thing disappeared.

Clear night - after I saw this I looked around and noticed that there was a reasonable amount of air traffic around.  Because of this, I would be surprised if nobody else saw it.
 
I was half-expecting to see something (perhaps military) converge on that area but nothing happened - in fairness, whatever it was came and went extremely fast.

There are no military bases nearby that I am aware of that would be responsible for a launch like this and it was in too populated of an area to be messing around with something weapon-like or experimental aircraft.  Also, it was flying too "horizontal" and moving too fast to be something of a science project.

I have no idea what it was - maybe some laser-generated illusion but that seems far-fetched.  I don't think it was a meteor or military in origin:

1. Meteor - problem with this is that there was not any sign of a tail, and the color was too green and too bright. It was also low on the horizon and traveling straight and horizontal.

2. Military something (plane or other test item) - the only explanation would be if something went astray (X plane on a long mission had an emergency/guidance malfunction) because NJ is not a very good place to keep a secret (too many people). 
 
I saw no evidence of any crash/impact or intention to land - the trajectory was straight and fast moving until it QUICKLY vanished from sight.

I'm not a believer in the third option so I am at a loss.
 
If you have seen anything like this in the same area please be kind enough to contact Brian Vike at: sighting@telus.net with the details of your sighting. All personal information is kept confidential.

The Vike Factor (Brian Vike) http://the-v-factor-paranormal.blogspot.com/

Sightings.com website: http://www.sightings.com/

6 comments:

  1. Brian I saw something very similar to what you are describing here. For a brief 3 seconds I saw a bright neon green fast moving light at speeds which would mimic a rocket, the light was heading at a downward angle but seemed to quickly burn out. What the origin of this is still remains in question

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same here. I saw a green, fast moving light early this morning, around 5:45 a.m.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i too saw a bright greenish object moving at a fast pace through the sky in a horizontal movement. time was around 6:30 am

    ReplyDelete
  4. Came here to see what I saw. A small green light which was not moving at first, whizzed away at a speed that definitely could not have been an aircraft. Clear night in the UK around 9pm.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Saw it today at around 8pm in Houston Texas. Bright green light appeared out of nowhere and moved super fast downwards and disappeared. The whole thing lasted 2 seconds.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just saw one too. It was so bright at first and disappeared. Cloudy sky, UK 3am

    ReplyDelete