Saturday, March 24, 2012

Bright White Light Seen In The Sky From Southwest Calgary Alberta

 
Date:  March 21, 2012
Time:  11:00 p.m.
 
Hi, I was just wondering what that light is in the western sky, and found your website. I tried to take a picture of it. But my flash reflected the neighbour's balcony.

Has anyone written in to say what it is? Have you heard anything? Is it a satellite?
 
Additional Information:
 
I was watching from southwest Calgary, Alberta, Canada, looking due west at 11:00 p.m. last night, March 21, 2012. I actually first noticed it at 9:30 p.m. as I was leaving a meeting and someone said, I'd like to know what that bright light in the sky is.
 
All of us (three people) looked up and acknowledged it there. One of the people thought it might be a satellite.

The light was bright white, but not round, multi-sided, multi-pointed. Looked like a star, but much, much closer.

I checked an astronomy site online, and they said Jupiter would be visible in the night sky in March. Maybe it was just Jupiter. I couldn't make out the sky maps on their site, but last night the sky was completely clear.
 
 I could see Orion, the Big Dipper and other constellations I don't know the names for.

The bright, star-like light I saw was significantly west of Orion.

I watched for about a half hour, and it seemed to have a soft glow around it for a few minutes, then cleared again. It didn't move or change position in the sky.

When I looked again at around 12:30, the constellations had moved west and were lower in the sky, and I couldn't see the unusual bright, white light I'm referring to here. If it was a star or Jupiter, perhaps the earth's rotation just took it out of my line of sight around the corner of my apartment building.

Hope this helps.
 
If you have seen anything like this in the same area please be kind enough to contact Brian Vike at: sighting@telus.net with the details of your sighting. All personal information is kept confidential.

The Vike Factor (Brian Vike) http://the-v-factor-paranormal.blogspot.com/

Sightings.com website: http://www.sightings.com/

1 comment:

  1. It was yellow last year and blue the year before that.

    ReplyDelete