Friday, November 4, 2011

Unknown Bright White Light Over Lakeland Florida

 
Date:  June 12, 2011
Time:  9:45 p.m.
 
Number of witnesses: 1
Number of Objects: 1
Shape of Objects: Round.
 
Full Description of Event/Sighting: I was out with the dog gazing at the stars above me and to the right of where I was looking, a bright white light (the size of Venus) suddenly appeared as if someone just turned it on.
 
I expected to see an airplane with other flashing lights and sound, but this was just a white light without any sound. Then it turned off for a couple of seconds and came back on again traveling eastward. The sky was perfectly clear.
 
There were no other lights around it. I kept thinking it had to be a plane with it’s landing lights on, but they are usually to the front of an airplane. I was under the object, but again, there were no flashing wing lights as a plane would normally have.
 
It appeared like it came out of nowhere as I was looking all over the sky just seconds before it suddenly appeared. I also couldn't understand why I couldn't hear an engine. It drifted slowly and kept it’s one light on and went more in an northeast direction.
 
I decided it wasn't a plane with it’s landing light on, because I was behind it by the time it passed my house, the white light was still very bright. Just thought it was strange the more I thought about it.
 
I don't know if it was a UFO. I want to believe it was a plane, but it didn't really seem like one because of the lack of sound and other lights. I'm guessing it was about 6,000 feet up.
 
If you have seen anything like this in the same area please be kind enough to contact Brian Vike at: sighting@telus.net with the details of your sighting. All personal information is kept confidential.

Sightings.com website: http://www.sightings.com/

1 comment:

  1. my family has seen the same thing in Lakeland Fl. twice now.

    ReplyDelete