Saturday, November 5, 2011

Man Spots Moon Sized UFO Hovers Over Memphis Tennessee

 
Date:  November 15, 1964
Time:  10:00 p.m.
 
Number of witnesses: 1
Number of Objects: 1
Shape of Objects: White moon shaped and size.
 
Full Description of Event/Sighting: At 10:00 p.m. around mid-November of 1964 in Memphis, Tennessee (USA), I was asked by my mother to take out the garbage. I went out back and I noticed a bright white full moon above.
 
I looked closer and I noticed it had a uniform whiteness with well defined circular outline, but I was not able to see the shades of white or grey that made the man in the moon face. It was equally as bright as the real full moon, bright enough to create a moon shadow.
 
I looked around and I noticed another moon that was bright orange. This other moon was rising over our neighbor's house to the east, as I looked through the side yard from the backyard to the front. It had the features that created the man in the moon, so I believed that it was the real moon.
 
I looked above and stared again at the white full moon for a few minutes, then it made a rapid ascend in the sky. I estimate the ascend speed between 180 to 300 knots. As it rose, it became a smaller and smaller moon until it appeared to looked like a bright star, then a dim star, then disappeared into space.
 
It reminded me of the Star of Bethlehem when it was at high altitude. The event occurred within a mile of the Area 51 of Tennessee, that is near Highway 51 in the Frayser neighborhood of Memphis, Tennessee and the event lasted about fifteen minutes.

I was only seven when I witnessed this UFO, that I now call the "Moon of Memphis". I had a good memory of the event so that when I was trained in the Air Force as a navigator, I was able to analyze the event better with my aviation experience. I estimate that the "Moon of Memphis" was at twenty thousand feet and was about ten acres in size.
 
I developed this information from watching the ascend of the "Moon of Memphis" through some high cirrus clouds that I estimate was at sixty thousand feet. At twenty thousand feet it would have taken four 747 aircraft parked in a circle to cover the area of the "Moon of Memphis" UFO, thus creating a ten acre size estimate.
 
When it hovered above me, it was exactly the size and shape of the real moon when seen high in the sky. Most observers probably could not tell the difference between the "Moon of Memphis" UFO and the real lunar moon when it's hovering above.
 
If you have seen anything like this in the same area please be kind enough to contact Brian Vike at: sighting@telus.net with the details of your sighting. All personal information is kept confidential.

Sightings.com website: http://www.sightings.com/

1 comment:

  1. I am the witness and I corrected my observation date to 22 November 1964. I knew it occurred sort of mid month on a Sunday before Thanksgiving. With moon charts the rising of the real moon in the east at 10pm would make the observation date the 22 November instead of 15 November. William Harding Bickers, witness of the "Moon of Memphis" UFO.

    ReplyDelete