Saturday, January 1, 2011

40 Plus Bright Lights Over South Manchester UK (Pictures)

Date: January 1, 2011
Time: Approx: 12:00 a.m.

Hi Brian, we live about ½ mile from the main runway at Manchester Ringway so are used (very used) to low flying aircraft of all types. Depending on wind direction the aircraft are landing or taking off.

At about 12:00am on the 01 Jan 2011 I was in my south facing garden watching neighbors fireworks for New Year, when I started to see bright lights in the sky to the northwest, heading southeast. They appeared to be at different altitudes but all on a straight heading.

Their speed was faster than normal aircraft and seemed constant. the Corse they took was at a 90 degree angle to the normal flight path to MIA. The aircraft we in the landing pattern at the time and I would think pilots saw these lights

We have an attic room with Velux windows so I grabbed my camera and took the enclosed photos, as it was low light I had to use long exposure so you can see the moving object as streaks.

They seemed to come in waves, sometimes only 2, but others 5 or 6. A couple of them were very bright and seemed bigger than the others. They can’t have been that high in the sky as there was a high cloud cover.

My partner said she saw them from before midnight, but was not sure how long before. At about 12:40 2 came from the north-northeast but headed southeast

If you find out what the objects were please let me know. Thanks.

If you have seen anything like this in the same area please be kind enough to contact Brian Vike at: sighting@telus.net with the details of your sighting. All personal information is kept confidential.

Sightings.com website: http://www.sightings.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment