Thursday, October 14, 2010

Red Orange UFO Over Whittier North Carolina

Date: October 13, 2010
Time: Around 11:15 to 11:20 p.m.

Just now I was turning off lights getting ready to head for bed and as I walked past doors to deck I noticed a strange red glow to the SW. I picked up my binoculars and saw what appeared to be a red orange ball vanishing off into the distance. I live up on a mountain and have a clear view to the south and west, but there are lower ridge tops and it could have been sinking behind them. It was large when I first noticed it, but within a minute it was completely gone.

Additional Information:

Hi Brian, I live on the side of a mountain in Whittier, NC which is west of Asheville about 60 miles. I am very close to Cherokee. My deck faces southwest and what I saw was a little south of due west. I saw it around 11:15 to 11:20 PM just as I was turning off lights for the night. At first I thought it might be a large fire on the top of one the smaller hills I can look over, but when I looked through the glasses it looked more like something behind the hill and that was making it looked curved on the bottom.

It was very large when I first saw it, but almost immediately became much smaller and soon vanished. It was more like it was moving away from me at a very high rate of speed. We have had rain the past few days and that made me doubt that it might be a fire, and the way it vanished so quickly and the size it would have to have been for me to see it at that distance (several miles) also kept me from seriously considering that it was a fire.

I am a retired school teacher and was married to an Air Force pilot, lived in Florida for over 20 years and have seen several shuttle launchings from far away. This was much closer, much brighter, and much faster. I can see some homes about as far away as this was and the object I saw would have been much larger and would have been a little farther as I think it was behind one of the smaller hills.

I am thinking that because the shape had a curve (concave, like a scoop out of the bottom of a ball) that was probably caused by the hill in my sight line. The two things that struck me the most was how bright it was with two colors, red and orange, and how fast it vanished. I didn’t even have time to turn my camera on.

When the mist clears I will take a picture of the area I am talking about and send it to you. Please let me know if anyone else saw anything like this.

If you have seen anything like this in the same area please be kind enough to contact Brian Vike at: sighting@telus.net with the details of your sighting. All personal information is kept confidential.

Sightings.com website: http://www.sightings.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment