Sunday, October 24, 2010

UFO Observed From Haiku Maui Hawaii

Date: November 1986
Time: Approx: 3:00 a.m.

Location of Sighting: We were staying Haiku Maui the light appeared to be between us and Haleakala.
Number of witnesses: 2
Number of Objects: 1
Shape of Objects: Ovoid, it looked like a street light.

Full Description of Event/Sighting: We were living in Haiku, Maui in 1986. One night I woke to my baby crying about 3:00am. I stood by the crib at the window looking out and up the mountain as I had many times before. The roads and houses stop at some point and you have timber line as Haleakala climbs upward and you can see the layers of distance. This was a clear night and I noticed a very bright light in an otherwise dark mountain shape.

It caught my interest as I had never noticed it before. I tried to discern what it could be. My first thought was, when and why did they put a light out there in the middle of nowhere in an uninhabited area? It looked like a street light, the same shape, the same brightness, the with the same aurora around it.

If it were just down the street from me, but It wasn't. It was much, much further away, miles away. I then thought it must be huge! If it was a very distant street light, it would have been much smaller. I was confused. I studied it more. I compared it to the more normal lights and activity closer to me. I could not think where it could be, there was no road or housing lots where it appeared to be.

It did not seem to be attached to the ground, but it wasn't moving and it was just sort of there. It couldn't be a street light, maybe a very large, not moving aircraft, but I had no other choice, nothing seemed quite right. OK, I'm not a kook, (sleep deprived maybe, but not a kook,) there had to be a rational explanation I was not coming to. Yes there was a light, it was between me and the slope of the mountain, in a place it should not have been, it was the wrong size and brightness to be that far away and the wrong size and brightness to be closer.

It didn't move or blink, it wasn't a plane like any I had seen before. I remember thinking to be that big and that bright, it must be quite large, but I still had no explanation.
I woke my husband.

Together we stood looking at this light with nothing that made any sense, forthcoming. After about 15 minutes of my watching and wondering, 'what the heck' and as we stood there together gazing out the window, in a speed faster than my blink, the light moved from it's holding position across the silhouette of the mountain and was gone.

I have never experienced a jet aircraft move that fast. It was not a light being turned off, it moved out of sight in the blink of an eye. To this day I have no explanation, and I don’t know what it means, but I know what I saw. Has it changed my life? No But I will never forget. Maybe you have heard from someone who also saw this and have the answer as to what it was. It was large, bright, silent and indescribably fast.

If you have seen anything like this in the same area please be kind enough to contact Brian Vike at: sighting@telus.net with the details of your sighting. All personal information is kept confidential.

Sightings.com website: http://www.sightings.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment