Monday, October 7, 2013

UFO Makes An Appearance Over The Bulkley Valley And Observed By Many People (Pictures)

(From Brian Vike’s UFO Files)

Reports from each of the witnessed will be added as I type them up, so please check back often for updates on this case. I have interviewed most of the people, just working on getting everything in order.

What I am doing, is to write the reports and send them out as I go along. Below is the report from Mr. Gordon Stewart over the July 29, 2002 sighting in the Telkwa area.

To my surprise I received a report from Mrs. Stewart as well, which was of a sighting she had two months prior to the July 29th sighting.

Image Below: Map showing the area the Bulkley Valley covers.

Please keep in mind this is only one of the witnesses for the July 29th sighting. There are 8 other witnesses to hear from, and I will be writing up each of their reports as time permits (I have a lot of reports other than this case to write up).

But I will be keeping on it. Everyone has been interviewed, except for a small party who had already left Smithers heading back home. I have their phone numbers and will be contacting them within a few days.

Houston, Quick, Telkwa and Smithers British Columbia 

Date: July 29, 2002 Time: Approximately 10:30 - 10:45 p.m.

In the following report there is mention of two names out of the 9 witnesses (Only one of these names - Mr. Stewart goes with the July 29th sighting, Mrs. Stewart has a separate report).

Mr. Gordon Stewart is his real name, and the only reason I am placing his name to my report is due to the Interior Newspaper received permission from the witness to print the information, other wise I would have left the name out from my report.

Although I had permission to use some of the other witnesses names, I choose not to place their personal information in my report, a policy Brian Vike sticks to.

Image Left: Picture of Mr. Gordon Stewart. Gordon reenacted what he saw that night for the Life Network TV documentary.

Location information - Gordon's farm: (Telkwa, British Columbia, Canada) - The witness owns 160 acres of farming land, treed with Spruce, Aspen and Pine in areas, with a good number of acres in Hay fields.

This supports his 57 head of cattle. The Stewarts's home sits at 3,000 feet in elevation and over looks the Bulkley Valley and Telkwa mountain range in the distance.

Gordon's farm is approximately 6 kilometers off Highway #16. The next largest town is Smithers which is approximately 15 miles west from Telkwa, B.C. and has an airport for the surrounding areas.

I received a telephone call today (July 30, 2002) from a reporter (Nicole Fitzgerald) at the Smithers Interior Newspaper, Smithers, British Columbia asking if I had received a sighting reports from any of the residents from the Telkwa, B.C. area.

I told Nicole nothing had come in so far. She went on to give me a brief description of what one witness (Gordon Stewart - a farmer and resident of the Telkwa area) had told her he seen at 10:45 p.m. on July 29, 2002.

Image Right: This is a photo taken by the Life Network TV documentary film crew in which Chris and I are just pulling up to Gordon's home.

I asked her if it would be ok to get his contact information as I wanted to look into the matter and investigate the report. I received Gordon's contact information.

I telephoned Gordon and set up an interview with him at 8:00 a.m. on August 1, 2002 at his home in Telkwa, British Columbia.

When I arrived at the gentleman's farm the first thing I noticed was the view, from their beautiful home and picture window they had an uninstructed view of the valley below, and across the valley the Telkwa Mountain range stood still snow capped.

I knocked on the witnesses door and a tall well built man greeted me and invited in.

We discussed farming as we made out way through his home to the living room and kitchen area.

Before sitting down for a coffee and discussing what he saw, Gordon took me into the living room and he sat down in his chair, pointed out the window moving his arm which indicated the location, and flight path of the object.

Gordon mentioned that he was going to catch a late movie before retiring to bed. He said I never expected to have such an exciting night.

Image Left: This is a picture of the surrounding area close to Gordon's farm.

At this point Gordon's wife joined us both, and we all sat down at the kitchen table and he gave me a description of what he saw on July, 29, 2002.

It was exactly 10:45 p.m. on July, 29, 2002 when I was sitting watching a late movie when I saw a "huge", round white/yellowish object in color, traveling at approximately 600 miles per hour fly at low attitude (approximately 300 meters - altitude) through the Bulkley Valley below.

From my distance, he said, the object was the approximately the size of a pickup truck, he went on to say the actual size, in his estimation if he had of been closer to it would have been closer to a school bus. The object traveled according to the witness, west to east.

There was "no" sound at all, no reaction from his two dogs which were outside at the time the object passed by. I asked if there was a tail trailing it, he said no. It was completely round and very bright.

As I mentioned above, the Stewarts's farm sits approximately at a elevation of 3000 feet, and the Telkwa Mountain Range sits at approximately: 3500 feet. The object was traveling below the top of the Telkwa range, and below the elevation the Stewart's farm sits. He also mentioned the object would have passed directly over top of Round Lake which can been seen 2 to 3 miles in the distance from the farm.

Image Right: This is a picture of the surrounding area close to Gordon's farm.

Gordon did step out onto his patio to look around, but the object had already departed from his sight.

He came back in and woke his wife (Joanna) and told her what he just witnessed. She for some reason wasn't really surprised. (I will explain below - very interesting!).

Gordon made a call to the Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP) to make a report of what he just witnessed, also wondering if anyone else had reported anything close to what he just saw. The RCMP told him they had not heard from anyone else.

A Constable took the report by way of telephone. The next day Mr. Stewart telephoned the Smithers Interior Newspaper and talked with reporter Nicole Fitzgerald who requested a meeting with Gordon and took the interview. This is where I came into the picture, as Nicole had contacted me.

As I mentioned in the report from Gordon, his wife Joanna was not all that surprised. After Gordon explained what it was he just had seen, thinking his wife may not believe him, she spoke up and said from what you just told me, I seen a similar light two month prior to this sighting. She did not want to tell her husband because she thought he wouldn't believe her.

Image Left: This is a picture of the surrounding area close to Gordon's farm.

I asked Mrs. Stewart what she had witnessed, she went on to tell me she was laying in bed a wake with the drapes closed over when a "really bright white light" lit up the whole room.

Joanna said it frightened her, but still got up slowly and approached the window carefully. She pulled over the side of the drapes and looked out to see a "Huge" very bright light.

As the object moved very slowly across their farm, it shone a beam of white light towards the ground behind their home in a large field.

She started to lose sight of the object, so she moved from the bedroom to the living room and watched the object fly "slowly" across their field, across Boundary Road and onto their neighbors farm where she finally lost sight of it. She said the object moved completely in silence and went on to describe the beam of light as if someone held a flashlight upside down pointing downwards.

Image Right: Brian Vike is standing next to a sign Gordon’s neighbors made after the news of him seeing the UFO came out. They nailed the sign to a power pole. That was funny and great fun for everyone.

Joanna said it was as if the sun was out, but within a circle on the ground. (Investigators Note: I received a report this year (2002) from a witness south of Burns Lake, a small farming community called Grassy Plains which is across Francois Lake.

This witness went on to tell me of a similar object which did exactly the same thing Joanna saw, or described. This may or may not have anything to do with one another, but both reports would be in the right time frame).

I sincerely thank Mr. and Mrs. Stewart for sharing the story with me, and taking the time to allow me in their home to discuss what it was they saw.

Report # 2 - Houston, British Columbia

Date: July 29, 2002 Time: Approximately: 10:30 - 10:45 p.m.

On July 29, 2002 three Houston residents watched an object fly across night sky. (Investigators Note: Actually this worked out rather funny, as I had already heard about the sighting in Houston before I was contacted by Nicole, reporter for the Smithers Interior newspaper.

I put it off as a meteor myself at the time, and to be honest did not give it another thought. I wasn't given much for information about what the fellows had seen, just a quick note to say, "I seen a bright meteor the other night".

When I received a call from Nicole Fitzgerald asking if I had received any reports for July 29, 2002, I started thinking about what a witness had mentioned to me about his "meteor" sighting.

Location information: Houston British Columbia (my home) sits in the Bulkley Valley surrounded by mountains. To the west there is the Telkwa Mountain range, and south Morice Mountain and Mount Harry Davis to the north.

It is a small town with a population of 2500 to 2600 people living within. We sit at an elevation of 587 meters. Employment opportunities in the area are with forestry, mining and tourism. Houston offers some of the best Steelhead fishing in the world.

I area is covered by clean fresh lakes and rivers to fish from, hiking, camping, skiing etc... are great pass times in the area. Houston boosts having the worlds largest Fly Rod, which indeed it is at a length of 60 feet (1829.8 cm) and weighs approximately 800 pounds.

The reel has a diameter of 36 inches, while the fly at the end of the line is some 21 inches long.

I caught up with the Houston, British Columbia resident and asked him more questions about what it was "he" saw, to my surprise he told me that he wasn't the only one who saw the "meteor"? The witness said there were two other people with him at the time (co-workers).

The gentleman told me they were at their place of employment, which is Canfor Sawmill - Houston Division a large very productive operation. I asked what time did they see this object - "meteor"? I was told at approximately at 10:20, but it could have been a little later he said.

From what I was told, no one thought to look at their watches mainly due to them thinking what they were seeing was just a meteor, as spectacular as it was.

Image Left: Map showing Houston, B.C. and surrounding area.

The Houston witness who first brought this to my attention said he was the first to notice what he and everyone else thought was a meteor.

He looked up as a very bright white/yellowish colored, almost phosphorescent round object moved slowly through the night's sky. As the meteor (object) gained momentum it grew a short tail.

This fellow was so amazed, surprised at the size and brightness of this thing, that he called to other co-workers. One was up sitting in a large forklift, while the other was close by.

The point I would like to make is, the driver of the forklift had to open the door, and climb down from the machine to stand with the others fellows who were all watching this object. This took a few seconds.

The total length of time the Canfor employees watched the object was close to 30 seconds and according to the fellows, dropping in altitude heading towards Tweedsmuir Park in a southwesterly direction.

Investigators Note: When I looked into the "major" sighting which took place this year on February 1, 2002 when three married ladies on their way home to Houston, B.C. from a shopping trip in Smithers watched a "Giant", well lit craft descend from the cloud cover to approximately 300 feet above tree top level and pass right over their car.

This also took place in Telkwa, British Columbia. While I was looking for any information, trying to put the parts together over this sighting I found out that just a little south east of the bottom tip of "Tweedsmuir Park" there is a military testing ground at Anahim Lake which is used for low and high level flight testing.

So when "Tweedsmuir Park" was mentioned again I started wondering if there could be a connection between the February 1, 2002 sighting and this sighting of July 29, 2002. I completely stumbled on to finding out that military exercises were taking place (early February) due to a flight I was on heading to Vancouver, B.C. for my dad's 80th birthday which was on February 6, 2002.

The pilot of the Dash 8 aircraft came over the intercom system announcing that the aircraft was to make a slight detour in his flight plan due to military exercises taking place.

My question is, would our government in joint connection with the U.S. government be holding secret tests that the public are not aware of ? Or is there "something" using this flight path, (meaning here in the pacific northwest). This of course I have no answers to.

Was the military in our area looking for something ?

After I started investigating, and talking with the witnesses, I started to hear rumors of military vehicles scouring the back roads in the Telkwa area. I was surprised to hear this news. I thought that maybe one or two people had seen someone's personal truck all painted up in military colors, as there is one around Houston.

Well it turns out that there was a good number of folks who told me they seen military vehicles traveling towards Smithers from the Houston area on highway #16. The military vehicles were not all traveling together as in a convoy, but rather spread out along the highway.

Now how many of these vehicles there were, I have no idea. Another report came from residents in Telkwa, a husband and wife were driving along the Telkwa High Road when they came across a large military truck, they had to pull way off the road to let this vehicle pass by.

Reports from the Smithers area came in as well, so people were seeing them. I had stopped into the RCMP detachment to request information over the July 29, 2002 sighting. I also asked when I was there if he knew, or heard of any military exercises taking place around the areas.

The officer said he was not aware of anything going on, but went on to say he has a friend, a Captain in the Rangers and they were planning an exercise for around the end of this month (August).

These exercises would be taking place in the Stewart, British Columbia area, which is a long way from us here. The constable also said none of the other RCMP officers mentioned seeing anything like I ask about in the area.

Aircraft activity in the skies - Up ?

There is no doubt in my mind that something was going on, all a person would have to do was to watch the local mountains for helicopter's flying low back and worth. Small aircraft also went back and forth over the local mountains here around the Houston area.

Even at night time, (which is very strange) as friends telephoned me to say, look out your window and sure enough, a small plane was over top of Mount Harry Davis traveling in a straight line, or it looked as if the plane was, then to turn around and fly back again, the aircraft kept repeating this over and over until it left in a westerly direction.

It returned approximately 20 minutes later repeating itself. Even a Hercules transport showed up at the Smithers airport. I talked with the tower about this, and I was told by them that this aircraft was being used to fly supplies into a mining camp, in which they do.

I just had to wonder when I heard that a Hercules transport landed in Smithers at the same time all this was taking place.

Image Right: Picture of the Smithers Airport Flight Tower.

Investigators Note: I have lived in the area for a little over 20 years. We see a lot of helicopters flying low at times over the mountains.

They carry either forestry, mining, fish and wildlife people doing their jobs. But over three days or so no one has ever seen so much aircraft activity as there had been.

As I mentioned above, a lot of people were discussing it as it was out of place for the area. Matter of fact, I heard three large fixed wing aircraft fly overhead.

The problem was it was rather overcast. But one did drop down and through the cloud cover and went out of sight very quickly behind Mount Harry Davis.

I walked in and picked up the telephone and called the Smithers airport tower and asked if there was any air traffic over Houston, and area. "I was told no"! So I have to ask, what did I see ? Clouds !

My visit to the RCMP detachment in Smithers B.C.

After I did an interview with the witness and I went to Smithers, I stopped into the Smithers RCMP detachment to enquire about the sighting report which was reported to them.

I started to introduce myself, but the gal behind the counter beat me to it. She said "Oh your Brian". I laughed to myself. Mind you I wore my jacket with my logo on it, so I guess it wasn't hard to figure this out.

I asked if it was possible to get the information from the RCMP's report that was made by Mr. Gordon Stewart. She asked me to wait while she went to talk with an officer, who came right out and I discussed with him what it was I was after.

I told him I had already interviewed Mr. Stewart and had all the details, but wanted to check in with the RCMP to see if they may have had anything else to add. The constable went and grabbed the report, "but keeping the form away from my eyes", which is policy.

He read over non personal information and had no more to add to the case.

Is this reported sighting from Smithers, British Columbia a possible connection to the military ?

I posted a sighting report for July 28 - 31, 2002 where three witnesses watched a strange sight indeed.
They reported what they saw to the Smithers Interior Newspaper which in turn passed the information a long to me. Below I am re-posting the report with some comments made by myself.

Smithers, British Columbia, Canada

Date: Approximately: July 28 - 31, 2002 Time: Between 10:00 and 11:00 a.m. Daylight sighting:

(From the sounds of things, this sighting took place close to the July 29, 2002 sighting in Telkwa, Houston, Quick and Smithers, British Columbia. I hope to have the exact date from the third witness.)

There are three witnesses to this sighting in Smithers, B.C.. I have talked to two of the folks who watched the object, and waiting to hear from the third, and will update when I do.

The first report below is from witness number #1:

I talked with a gentleman today, August 10, 2002 about a sighting which was reported to me and the Smithers Interior Newspaper.

I asked of course what it was he had witnessed. This fellow is a logging contractor in the area and seems to be a very truthful man. He actually was very surprised and for the life of him, still can't figure out what it was he saw.

Image Left: Brian Vike, Canadian UFO investigator and reporter and host of the Vike Report radio show.

His description of the object: He said it looked like an oak barrel in shape and made of metal , he guessed the object was approximately 15 feet in height and 10 feet across.

From his vantage point (approximately 2000 feet away - altitude). He said there were two projections sticking out from the center of the object, approximately three feet a part and darker in color away from the main body of the craft.

The fellow said it had quite a remarkable speed to it, in his estimation the craft was cursing at approximately 300 kilometers which was faster than the small aircraft they see in the area.

Also he said there was no sound from the object and it did pass right overhead of him. It flew along side the Smithers airport heading in a southwesterly direction. He described the object as being metallic in color. And again said it was darker in the middle and rotating in the center.

Witness #2

A friend called me outside to look at something as she was very excited. The witness said she did not see it right away. She explained that she looked and looked around in the area where her friend was pointing, and went on to say it was like she had to get her eyes focused to see it.

The object was at the right of the airport flying in a southwesterly direction. She said the object was diffidently round in shape and silver (metallic) in color. While they were watching this object, it up and disappeared instantly.

I asked approximately what the size of the object may have been. She said it would have been close to the size of a normal wall clock at a approximate distance of a kilometer and a half away.

I asked this her the date the event took place, she said her friend (deleted by Brian Vike) would know for sure. But she guesses it would have been around two weeks ago.

(Investigators Note: If the time frame is correct, then the object they seen would have been right around the same time (July 29, 2002) in which 9 witnessed, in different locations watched a huge glowing object fly down the valley. She also said there no sound coming from the object.


I telephoned the witness again and asked some question to clarify a couple of things I wanted answers for. Because of all the air traffic which was around the areas, and the description which was given to me by the witnesses, I wondered if this object might have something to do with the military. I had others mention this same idea to me.

From the witnesses description, a barrel shaped object with two projections sticking out from the center of the object, would these possibly be propellers which were tuning in the center of this object ? If so, could this then be a military reconnaissance drone ?

These are some of the questions in which I would like to know. After discussing the idea with the witness of the object being possibility a military craft, he said it might just be. This fellow never thought what they all saw was anything out of this world, but something from here on earth.

From what all of the witnessed have told me, they figured that what they saw was going to crash into the ground, although know one had seen this take place.

In the next report I will be talking to the two witnesses from the Quick, British Columbia. I spent a little over two hours chatting with both witnesses, a retired school teacher and her son a Civil Engineer. Also her husband was their, a geologist for the government.

Reports Continued.

What I am doing, is to write the reports and send them out as I go along. Below is the third report from two witnesses from Quick, British Columbia over the July 29, 2002 sighting.

Report For Quick, British Columbia

Date: July 29, 2002 Time: Approximately: 10:50 p.m.

Location Information: Quick is a very small farming community which sits between Houston and Smithers British Columbia. It is nestled in the Bulkley Valley with mountain ranges running all around.

Today, August 10, 2002 I left my home to interview the next set of witnesses. The drive was going to take some 40 minutes, so I stopped at the service station and gassed up and left Houston at 2:00 p.m. heading west for Quick.

I finally arrived and turned off Highway #16 onto the Quick East Road and drove along until I came to the witnesses home. I was greeted by Dina Hanson and her husband, and met their son, Ryan Hanson a bit later. We walked along a beautiful stone path which led to a large patio where we sat to discuss what it was they saw.

Image Below: This is a pictures I took of Dina Hanson garden at her home in Quick, British Columbia.

The two witnesses who had the sighting were Dina Hanson and her son Ryan. Mrs. Hanson is a retired school teacher and her son works as a Civil Engineer. Two very creditable witness, also very pleasant people.

Mrs. Hanson  went inside her home and came out with a journal she has been keeping for years. She writes down events which are important to her and this one event that took place on July 29, 2002 was one she will never forget.

Investigators Note: I also have photos of the area where the object was seen shooting across the sky in which I will post to my website once I get the film developed.

Their farm sits at an elevation of 530 meters and has a wide open view of the Telkwa Mountain Range and Chicken Mountain which sits slightly lower and in front of the range. The weather conditions were perfect as the sky was clear. The sun had already set in the west and Dina was going to meet her son who was over near their greenhouse.

She walked up the driveway and turned onto a small dirt path holding her flash light watching the ground to see where she was walking.

This lead to a wide opening in the field where the greenhouse was situated. Just as she reached this opening, she heard her son give out a loud yell.

She immediately looked up and went to shine her light towards her son when she saw, a huge, bright, glowing white/yellowish, almost oval in shape object flying across the sky at a very low level. She said to me, "I couldn't move, I was in shock".

I asked her about the shape of this object, as everyone else who reported to me said it was round. She said in her opinion the object was not quite round, but just off, meaning it was "slightly" oval (even walnut in shape). Or another thing Dina said, it would be like if you took a round circle and started to stretch it out.

The color has remained the same from all witnesses who reported the object. I asked Dina for an approximate size for this bright light.

She struggled with this as she did not want to give any wrong information. Her final conclusion as to the size would be, at arms length it was the size of her finger nail, but not across, it would have been length ways.

I asked where exactly it was seen. I wanted to know if it was below the horizon of the Telkwa Range. I was trying to get an idea for distance from the witnesses. Again she was not sure.

You have to remember by the time the sighting took place it was already dark, and it is hard to see landmarks which would help determine exactly where the object would have been in relation to them and the distant mountains.

I looked around, and since I knew the path the object took, I thought I would try this. In the direction they lost sight of this object, there are three sets of trees.

One group of large trees sat behind their greenhouse which sat on a ledge. Behind this group of trees there is a drop off, across from here it rises up again in elevation with another grouping of trees which rose above the set behind the greenhouse.

Another grouping of timber sat higher up again. So I asked when she lost sighting of "it", what grouping of trees did the object fall behind? She said the last set for sure.

Now I asked, approximately how high above the last grouping of trees was the object. Mom (witness) said it was "just" above the timber, but as they were losing sight of it, the object would have been just a "hair' below the tops of the trees.

Now this gave me something to work with. The last stand of timber sits rather high up at a good distance from where they were standing, approximately 1/2 mile away (maybe more), "but", this stand of timber is below the horizon of Chicken Mountain.

So this object shot down the valley at approximately 1 1/2 miles away from them. It was also heading in a southwesterly direction at a quick pace, but slow enough as where the object took 5 to 6 seconds to cross their line of sight.

Image Below: The picture below is of Chicken Mountain which is seen from Dina Hanson's home. The UFO/Object traveled very low and it would have had to make a strange maneuver to get by this mountain. In other words, this throws out the Fireball idea bringing it back to a UFO. This was not the only evidence to show whatever the object was, was under some type of control by someone, or something.

Investigator Note: Dina did not see it right away, her son noticed it first and gave out a yell. She looked up and spotted it right away because of the intense brightness and size. My point is, 5 to 6 seconds is a fair bit of time when they had a short space to see the object due to trees blocking their view.

Being so close to it, I asked what kind of sound did it make, they both said, none at all. "There was no noise coming from it". It also was on a slight angle they told me, but very slight. (This makes me wonder if it did hit the ground, as it was certainly very low at this point, if so where? Also this gives a lot of weight to folks in the area seeing the military vehicles and a lot of air traffic overhead).

Mrs. Hanson said she waited around for a little while with her son watching the sky just in case something else went by, but nothing did so she went into the house and started calling around to authorities. She called the Smithers Airport who were no help to her, they knew nothing.

She called the Vancouver International Airport, they knew nothing. She even call back east to Ottawa and talked with someone in an environment position, but I am sure they wouldn't know anything anyway. So in the morning Dina called the Smithers Interior newspaper to inform them of what she saw.

This is a brief description in which Ryan Hanson gave to me. I am just going to summarize his statement as a lot of the same information is above in this report. It was very large, bright and lasted far longer than any meteor shower.

Faster than a man-made object, but slower than a meteorite. There was "no" sound! It was below the horizon and moved away from until we lost sight of it behind the trees. A slight trajectory towards earth.

I spent a little over two hours with this friendly family and enjoyed this visit very much. What I found really nice about talking with them.

We talked about the large fossil find, as they had a bunch of wonderful samples spread across a table outside. Of course I am interested in this as well. I can say this, our area holds a lot of treasures, and this one is a major find as the fossils cover a very large area, you can bend down and walk slowly along and fill a bucket.

Everything is in perfect form. It was like I was standing at the beach and grabbing perfect calms. There are so many different types of marine life it isn't funny, so I wonder what other specimens the land holds. There is a good write up on this in one of the rock hound magazines.

One more report to come, it is a shorter version as it was a telephone interview. Then a final wrap up on the whole case as it sits for now. I know there is more to do on this, so I will be still making calls, and hoping others come forward if they did indeed see this object.

Take good care.

Brian Vike, The Vike Factor (Into The Paranormal) email: blog


Smithers The Interior Newspaper Article

UFO Sighting In Telkwa And Houston, B.C.

by Nicole Fitzgerald The Interior News Smithers, B.C. Wednesday, August 7, 2002

By Nicole Fitzgerald The Interior News

On July 29, winding down from a day on his Telkwa farm, Gordon Stewart settled into his chair facing two bay windows, overlooking the valley for a late-night movie.

At 10:45 p.m., a bright light flashed by his field of vision, raising him from his chair, astonished at the peculiarity and speed of the sight.After walking onto the front porch for a clearer view, only silence filled the valley sky smudged with light cloud cover. He called the RCMP.

There was no air force activity in the area. he woke his wife Joanna, who had already turned in for the night without hearing or seeing anything. On sharing his description of the round, white light with a yellowish hue, he learned his wife had seen the same light in the same location a couple of months earlier.

"I didn't want to tell him because he'd think I was crazy," Joanne recounted. Earlier that evening at 10.20 p.m. in Houston, a Canfor employee stepped from a forklift to examine a phosphorescent like white ball of light with yellow undertones, which appeared to hover, before slowly crawling across the sky line. The worker called out to two fellow co-workers who caught sight of the glowing light, which grew a tail as it gained momentum.

The phenomenon gained speed towards Tweedsmuir Park and shot out of view over the horizon. "I called them over because I wanted proof that I saw something and that I wasn't crazy," the Canfor employee explained.

Despite having two witnesses, the Canfor employee wished to remain anonymous. Despite his wife having seen the same phenomenon's, Stewart was relieved a similar sighting was reported the same day.

Stewart caught the tail end of a movie when he was startled from his chair by an unidentifiable round light streaking across the valley. Combined with his house being stationed at 3,000 feet - Smithers sits at approximately 1,750 feet - and large bay windows, Stewart has an ideal birds eye view of air traffic.

Crazy and UFO are often terms that go hand in hand when trying to determine an experience that appears to be out of this world.

Already this year, over 70 unidentifiable sightings have been reported in northern B.C. Only two days before the Telkwa/Houston sighting, an erratically moving, bright light was spotted in Prince George. Sightings in Prince Rupert and Port Simpson were reported the same day of Stewart's experience.

The two days that followed it reports from Terrace were filed on a glowing, cigar-shaped craft and four multiple sightings of an unidentifiable light.

"There is so much going on here it's nuts", Houston B.C. Canada UFO researcher Brian Vike remarked. Vike suspects action in space is growing with the number of hits he receives on his UFO website.

"Recently, I have been getting numerous hits," he said, "Everything from the National Defense Department to Federal Aviation". He also noted that open information transitions between himself and the National Department of Defense has since clammed up with the publishing of the recent sighting in Telkwa - where three women attested to seeing an unidentified object with bright lights.

"No one wants to say anything and I am kind of wondering why", He questioned. "Is the military running a project we are not aware of? Something has happened I just don't know what ... yet".

Many of these speculated extraterrestrial occurrences have been explained away as meteorites, flying exercises, space debris and the result of power towers.

A recent space ship sighting in Smithers turned out to be the planets Jupiter and Venus. Stewart dismisses many of these suspicions in his case. He began by explaining that the object flew in a flat line unlike meteorite or space debris' falling arc pattern.

Planes might be a credible explanation, but because no sound was detected and the size of the light - the size of a pick up truck from the distance he sat at - flew so low, a plane wasn't a logical solution in Stewart's mind.

According to Central Mountain Air, there were no late night flights except for a training run July 29. Northern Thunderbird training was up between 10:07 - 11:04, however, a Central Mountain Air spokesperson saw no connection between the occurrences.

She speculated that the tiny Cessna 185 would not emit a bright light of that magnitude and its engines would be heard at a close proximity.

Although a comet spotted the same evening would solve Stewart's mystery, its glowing green light, arc-shaped flight and Hudson Bay Mountain location did not pair up with what he saw - leaving Stewart questioning, "What the heck was it?"

For Stewart, the speed of the light was the most notable. "If you had blinked, you would have missed it, it was that fast," he said. He assessed the light reached faster than the speed of light at over 650 miles per hour.

Stewart is well acquainted to gauging speed, he assessed, after driving dragsters that reached up to 200 miles per hour. As to whether he believes in another life force traveling through the universe, Stewart has always believed since reading space comic books as a kid, that people on earth weren't the only ones out here.

"There's too much on earth not to disbelieve," he argued, noting other phenomenon's such as the Pyramids. "I think there was someone before us."

Despite Stewart's open mind towards other life forms, he talked himself through other possible explanations, but came to the same conclusion: "I knew I saw something out of the ordinary".

Although highly skeptical, the Canfor employee agreed his sighting was something more than an every day occurrence. "In my mind it looked like a meteorite," he comforted himself, but wavered as he turned the 20 second experience over in his mind.

"But, it was like no meteorite I've ever seen. I've seen meteorite showers before, but they never looked anything like this. I really don't know what it was."


One Other Newspaper Article

UFOs: To Be Or Not To Be

By Nicole Fitzgerald The Interior News

After an article on UFO sightings in Telkwa and Houston was published in last week's edition of The Interior News, reports on UFO sightings are flying in and credibity of the sightings are gaining momentum.

"I can't keep up with all that is going on, " said an excited and exhausted Houston UFO researcher Brian Vike.

A flurry of phone calls, on-site interviews and investigative research has left Vike with little sleep. Since the papers hit the stands, five witnesses came forward, claiming they saw the white ball of light Telkwa resident Gordon Stewart glimpsed on the evening of July 29.

After reading the paper, Quick teacher Dina Hanson called Stewart to share the details of her sighting, which she recorded in her journal the day after her experience. Her son, civic engineer Ryan Hanson also saw the object, which partially matched Stewarts's description.

The Hanson's sighting also took place July 29, five minutes earlier than Stewarts's sighting, traveling in a southwesterly direction from Quick towards Telkwa.

Both observations commented on the awe striking brightness and size of the light; the white and yellow hues and soundless travel at a speed, which exceeded the propulsion of a man-made object.

Some of the differences between the two incidents was that Dina's light shape was an elongated circle opposed to Stewart's round one. Dina also noted a slight downward trajectory to her object, unlike Stewart's parallel flight pattern.

However, Ryan introduced that because the object was moving away from his mother and himself, the object may have just appeared to be dropping because of their perspective.

Dina originally attributed her experience to a meteorite sighting, but after a phone call to a professor at the University of Northern B.C. revealed that meteorites produce sound, Dina is uncertain. "I am pretty cynical about things like UFO's, " she said. "But because there was no sound, I think it is remotely possible it was something else."

A Smithers family of late night hot tubbers comprised of both adults and children also contacted Stewart, sharing a similar story, adding that the light engaged in a series of loops. Smithers resident Dan Derbyshire was also added to the list in an unrelated sighting.

However, he wanted to support those stumbling upon these unexplainable phenomenon's. "Sometimes people feel they are the only ones (that are seeing unusual sights)," Derbyshire said, "But I thought I'd let them know, they aren't alone."

Like many other UFO reports, the edges of reality expand with the number of incidents reported as viewers digest science fiction's fanciful imagination with tangible physical experiences. "It was not what I classify as a flying saucer," Derbyshire noted of the craft, which reminded him of a metallic 40-gallon barrel, heading towards Houston at an estimated 300 kilometers per hour. He stated he is a UFO believer, but dismissed his incident as an American flight exercise in one breath while pondering over why he heard no sound in another.

His experience neither fits H.G. Wells' War of The Worlds where aliens employ mass destruction in tea- cup-and-saucer shaped crafts nor did it fit with the characteristics of a man-made aircraft. Reality and rationale collided as he attempted to interpret what he saw.

Unlike a plane, there were no wings on the ribbed object and its flight was soundless, Derbyshire noted. Unlike many UFO sightings, the object did not emanate a white glowing light nor assume the regular saucer form, he added.

Vike surmises Derbyshire's suspicions are correct after a series of phone calls attributed the sighting to a military reconnaissance drone. Although if this assessment is correct, many more questions arise about what is going on for Vike.

"A secret military exercise?" Vike questioned. "Who knows". Vike's suspicions are rising as reports of military trucks are detected around Houston and the Telkwa High Road. Vike and his wife also saw and heard the hum of large turbo propellers of military type crafts flying over Houston on August 8th.

"Something is going on," Vike alleged. Despite the couple both seeing and hearing the two military crafts, the Smithers air tower told Vike there was no air activity in the Houston vicinity.

Stewart is heartened by the additional reports coming in. "(People) can't say I've lost my marbles," Stewart laughed. "There are too many people who have seen it. I am not the only one."

If anyone has witnessed the UFO/Object, please send me an email with details of what you saw. Please remember to include the date and time and location. (Town/City – State or Province) and as much detail as possible.

Vike Factor Note: I do receive sighting reports from everywhere in the world, and I post all of the reports I receive here:

Brian Vike.
Box 1091
Houston, British Columbia, Canada.

Email: or

The Vike Factor -  Houston, British Columbia Centre For UFO Research. Canadian UFO Investigator Brian Vike.

No comments:

Post a Comment