Thursday, October 17, 2013

My First Freaky Ghost Encounter (Yikes !)

(From Brian Vike’s Paranormal Files)

Note from Brian Vike: Since we are into the Halloween month of October, I thought I would pull out some of the Ghost stories I received.

Also if you have a ghost story you think everyone would enjoy reading, please send it along and I would be happy to post the story. Please email your story to

Hi Brian, I hope this finds your well. Your site looks great and I do hope it will be around for a very long time. Thanks for being there for every one of us that has had encounters.

Anyway, it is rather quiet UFO wise, (thankfully). I still spend a lot of my time searching trying to find out what the full agenda is that is taking place, with regards to UFOs and extraterrestrials. I will have to share my thoughts with you some time on that.

But for now, I thought I would share a experience that I had years back. It was my first Ghostly encounter in my life.

This happened to me a number of years back. I was in my home town and my buddy had asked me to move to his town and hang out for a while. I kept putting it off. Then one day, I had nothing going on and I thought, ahh sure what the heck. So I moved 4 hours away one hot June afternoon.

I pulled onto the street of my soon to be new place where my buddy was already residing. As I got closer to the house I noticed something white laying on the sidewalk by the grass in his yard.

I pulled up in front of the house and got out of my car. I then walked around the car and saw that the white thing was his young cat laying there dead. The heat was incredible for June.

It had been 30 Celsius all that week and that day wasn't any different. I slowly walked over to the cat and touched it, it was ice cold, not cool, but ice cold dead.

I went to the door and knocked. My friend opened the door happy to see me until I said, "Umm, I think that's your cat right there". Needless to say that he was very distraught over the situation. It was a quiet week as I moved my stuff in and got settled.

One week after moving in, I started to notice little things. I would pick up movements from my peripheral vision and when I would turn towards the movement and there would be nothing. Things became more obvious as time continued.

If I went to another room and came back, there would be things that had moved. At first, I thought it was my mind playing tricks on me. Then things started to become more predominant. First it was small things, like a glass of coke on the opposite end of the table from where I had left it moments before I left the room.

Then as timed passed more things started to happen. I would leave a room then come back, only to find that everything had been strewn around, papers, couch cushions end table pushed out from the couches.

I didn't say anything to my friend as I didn't want him to think I was strange, lol. So I continued to experience all these oddities that I had no explanation for. One afternoon, I was sitting with my friend and his girlfriend in the main floor living room. We were watching T.V. when I started to hear things, well not exactly things.

I heard someone walking around up stairs right above me. The sound was coming from my bedroom. The sound was of hard soled shoes walking around. I took the remote and turned down the volume.

My friend looked at me and said, "What? Why did you turn that down"?

I said "You can't here that"? He looked at me strange for second.

I said again, "Can't you here that"?

He smiled and said, "you here something"?

I said "yes". "someone walking around"? he asked.

I said "Yes". He then said "you haven't met the ghost yet"? I was sort of in shock from his response. I said "Ghost"? He said, "Yes we have one".

I listened for another minute. I could here it so clearly I knew exactly where in my bedroom the sound was and could follow it as it walked around. I got up and went upstairs to investigate the sounds. When I went there I couldn't see anything out of ordinary.

More time passed and more things started to happen. I would wake up in the night to sounds of pots and pans being banged around in the kitchen.

I would sneak downstairs quietly and hear all the banging as I stepped towards the kitchen. I then would turn on the light and all the banging would instantly stop.

Things would disappear then show up in strange places, like a hair brush in the freezer or a book in the oven. The biggest thing that disappeared happened one afternoon.

I came home and was alone there. I went up to my room and was going to listen to music. My cassette tape case was gone.

It was fairly big, it held 40 cassettes. I searched the whole house 3 times over and each time ending back in my bedroom. On the 3rd time around I gave up and thought that someone had stolen it. I went back up stairs to my room.

There in the doorway, the tape case was just laying there. Had it been there the three other times I was up there I would have stepped on it. I most certainly would have had to walk over it to get in the room.

That was when it really hit me. The capabilities of this ghost. I picked up the case and sat on my bed. Lost for words and very overwhelmed by the whole thing. Holding the case thinking, wow, something actually had possession of this and had it somewhere whether it be in our world or not. It really hit home, so to speak.

By now my life was nothing but one big adventure. I was always wondering what this entity was going to do next.

It started to play games with me, doing things that would have to make me move and change it back. I could be sleeping and suddenly my bedroom light would turn on. I would have to get up and turn it off. I would just get back into bed and the light would turn on again, this would continue all through the night over many, many nights.

Another time it was around 10 or 11 at night and I was up in my room reading. I heard my doorknob turning and looked up as the door opened up. I was thinking that my buddy was there or something. No one was there. I got up and walked over shut the door and then went back to reading while sitting on my bed. Suddenly the door would fly open again.

I would get up and shut it, making sure that it was closed tight and go back to my book. This continued for about 2 hours. I then got tired of getting up and left the door wide open and went back to reading. A few minutes into my book again the door suddenly slammed shut with much force. It scared the heck out of me. I think it got mad that I wouldn't play it's games.

Another night I was reading and I looked up for a minute to rest my eyes from the hours of reading I had done. I looked up from my book and noticed a flag that I had hanging straight down from my ceiling by my bed was starting to wave back and forth. I had 2 other flags beside it also hanging straight down from the ceiling.

I found it odd that it was moving as there was no air movement in the room. My window and bedroom door were both closed. The movement continued across the bottom of the flag. Soon the whole flag was waving. It continued onto the next flag the same way, then to the third flag. I sat there my mouth wide open I am sure.

All 3 flags were now flapping like in a strong wind. I was very mesmerized by it. After a few minutes they started to calm down. The exact reverse of how they started. It was now about 4 or 5 months that I had been there and I was very accustomed to all the happenings by then. It was very normal to have it all going on all around me all the time I slept.

I was awoken late one night to snapping sounds. The best I could describe it, is the snapping of electricity. I sat up looking around towards the far side of the room. I then looked over toward the bottom of my bed.

My heart jumped into my throat as I looked over towards my feet. There at the bottom of my bed was a foggy apparition that looked like and old man. he was not very tall maybe 5 feet high but he was very old. He was hunched over, holding a walking stick that looked like a thick crooked tree branch.

I sat there not believing my eyes. He then turned his head towards me and looked right at me. We both were motionless for what seemed forever, but I am sure it was only a few minutes. I then started to hear the electricity snapping again, all around me. I quickly looked around the room to see what was what, then back to the entity. It was starting to fade away and in about 30 seconds it was gone.

I laid back down, but didn't sleep for a long time, my heart was racing and I thought maybe there would be more things happening. There wasn't, and I eventually went back to sleep.

The next morning I told my friend what I had seen and he laughed. He only heard sounds. He never saw anything happen the entire time he was at the house. A few days later, I will never forget this.

My buddy, his girlfriend and I, were all sitting in the living room. It was a Friday evening about 7 pm. We were sitting around making plans for the weekend.

All of a sudden there was a loud BANG. The best I could describe it, as a shotgun going off in the same room. Like an explosion. It was so loud. Everyone jumped. I looked over to my buddy and he was white as white can be. I got up running to the stairs then up to my room. It seemed that most of the occurrences were based around my room. My buddy closely followed.

As I got to my room I stopped dead in my tracks, my friend ran into me. There in my room, where my bed was, there was a hole in the wall. It was a hole I had never seen anything like. It was rectangle. About 2 1/2 feet by 1 foot. It was total rectangle but it all went into 1 point. Like if you had tight bed sheets and pushed your finger into it. It went in like that. Just to 1 point in the center of the rectangle.

I left that evening. I said it was to violent now and I have to go. I went and stayed at a another friends place for month. I then went back to my home town, 4 hours away.

It was years later. A friends car had been stolen and ended up in the city where the house was. I went along for the ride to get the car as the police had recovered it. I told my story on the 4 hour drive there. I hadn't thought about it for years.

The car was in a compound and we went to see if it was drivable. It wasn't. So we left. My friend turned up the street as we left the compound yard and we drove along. The next thing I knew I was back, right in front of the house.

The car we were in had stalled out directly in front of the house. I will add that I was not driving and I did not even have a clue where we were until I looked over at the house. I was in shock. I had a very eerie feeling over me, goose bumps, hair standing up. Not a nice feeling.

The house had been planned for renovations since I left as it was a war time house. But what I had seen was no front step. The front door was a board, the windows were board. I got the feeling it didn't really want me in there.

We tried to get the car started and it wouldn't start. We got out and pushed it thinking we could push start it, seeing that it was a standard. We got off the same block as the house and the car started right away with the ignition.

We left and went back to my hometown. 4:00 a.m. we got back home and I called my buddy that I had lived in that house with. He had left that house 2 weeks after I did. I told him I had been in town there earlier and ended up in front of that house.

He responded by saying "Bet you wish you were living there now huh"?. He said" It looks really nice now huh"? I told him what I had seen and he laughed. I thought, maybe he was pulling my leg. 

So I hung up and called another friend in that same city and told her that I had been in town by the house. She responded almost the exact same way adding that it was such a nice looking house now. I hung from that call and thought for a while. I decided to put it all behind me again.

It was years after that incident that I was in the same city again visiting a friend that had just moved out there. She was driving when all of a sudden she took a quick turn. I knew exactly where I was, the house was coming up again. I freaked, I said. "What are you doing?. Why did you turn here"?, she said "I don't know". 

The car stalled out at the beginning of the block of the house. I said, "That's it, we have to get out of here". I got out and pushed the car back off the block and away from the house. It started again first try. I said, "Go...Go the other way. So she did. I then told her my story.

That is just one of many experiences in my lifetime so far, one big paranormal movie and I have UFOs and ET to contend with as well. Seems never a dull moment in this life.

One thing I learned at a very young age. Things certainly are not as they appear to us. 

Take care, my friend.

Thank you to the person for the wonderful and freaky story.

If anyone has witness to a Paranormal event, please send me an email with details of what you saw. Please remember to include the date and time and location. (Town/City – State or Province) and as much detail as possible.

Vike Factor Note: I do receive sighting reports from everywhere in the world, and I post all of the reports I receive here:

Brian Vike.
Box 1091
Houston, British Columbia, Canada.

No comments:

Post a Comment