Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Zig Zagging Yellowish Orange Balls Of Light Over LaSalle County Ottawa Illinois

Date: July 3, 2010
Time: Approx: 9:40 p.m.

I saw two yellowish/orange balls of light over LaSalle County Ottawa, Illinois at approximately 21:40 (9:40 PM). The two balls were sighted directly overhead, very high in the sky, almost next to each other traveling rapidly from southwest to northeast. The larger ball on the left was slightly ahead of the smaller ball to the right. Both objects exhibited short trails of what appeared to be huge showers of yellow/orange sparks. As they progressed through the sky, the ball on right disappeared or burnt out.

Right after that the trailing sparks on the left ball disappeared, but the ball remained still clearly visible and mostly orange colored. It continued traveling east remaining clearly visible, as it approached the horizon it appeared to move erratically or zig zag right to left and left to right until it disappeared below the horizon. I estimate it was at least thirty to forty seconds from the time I first saw the two objects directly overhead until the last object disappeared over the northeastern horizon. Several other people sitting out on the patio witnessed the same as I saw it.

A few days later my son spoke with a co-worker, he and others present also saw virtually the same sights as we did. They were ten to fifteen miles away from our location. He described it almost exactly as we saw it and it was at approximately the same time.

I looked for any information I could find regarding this sighting and found only the incident over Ontario. To date there were no newspaper or TV/Radio articles that I am aware of.

What did I see that night?

If you wish to contact me please email contact information and I will respond.

If you have seen anything like this in the same area please be kind enough to contact Brian Vike at: sighting@telus.net with the details of your sighting. All personal information is kept confidential.

Sightings.com website: http://www.sightings.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment