Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Large Reddish Orange Light Over Woodhaven Michigan


Date: July 6, 2010
Time: Around dusk.

I witnessed something today along with my dad. We saw a large reddish orange light in an arc shaped trajectory over southeast Michigan. I'm in Woodhaven and I could see it starting from the northeast and it was heading to the west of where I was. It was heading in an arc and couldn't see it after it disappeared behind the houses. It must have been low to go behind the houses with it seeming to be so close, unless it was very large?

It was either glowing or burning a red-orange color. It was not a steady light and it was not blinking either, more of a flicker or pulse like a fire. My dad kept saying how it looked like a hot air balloon that was on fire to him. Also it was moving way to fast to be a blimp. We could not figure out what it was. I'm not sure the exact time, but it was around dusk. The sun was down, but it wasn't completely night either. I just found this email on the website when I was looking for news reports.

I figured it was a meteor or something and others must have seen it. I live near an airport (Grosse Ile) and a hospital that very often has helicopters and I can honestly say I've never seen anything look like this before. Also the helicopters are very loud and this was not making any sound from what I could tell. I wanted to get some film of it but at the rate it was going I knew I wouldn't be back in time with the camera before it went behind the houses out of my view also I was like a deer in the headlights watching it anyway.

If you have seen anything like this in the same area please be kind enough to contact Brian Vike at: sighting@telus.net with the details of your sighting. All personal information is kept confidential.

Sightings.com website: http://www.sightings.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment