Monday, July 5, 2010

Airline Pilots Observes Orange Light Over Hawthorn Woods Illinois

Date: July 3, 2010
Time: Approx: 10:00 p.m.

Number of Witnesses: 6

Brian Vike's Note: This report below is an updated version of a sighting which was sent to me last night, July 4, 2010). I have the link to the witnesses original sighting report. - http://unitedstatesufo.blogspot.com/2010/07/airline-pilots-observe-orange-ball-of.html

On the night of July 3rd, 2010, I saw a orange glowing ball headed directly north go right over my house. I am an airline pilot. It was witnessed by myself and 5 other airline pilots who were at my house for an Independence Day party that night. Altitude was very hard to guess because it was a clear night, and I don't know the actual size of the object. We noticed it when it was directly overhead and watched it move in a straight line until it disappeared over the north horizon. It was in view for less than 2 minutes. We heard no sound from the object.

It was too large to be any type of firework. Moved way to fast to be a balloon. Too bright to be an airplane. Moved too slow and the light was too steady to be a meteor. I thought that it could be the International Space Station. I looked up when the ISS crossed overhead and it was supposed to be around 11:04pm. The event occurred about an hour before that. It was also orange in color and moving too fast, and looked too large, in my opinion, to be the space station.

To me, it looked like a jet aircraft with an engine on fire but with no sound, maintaining altitude, and heading away from all the airports with the longest runways. I have no idea what it was. I find it interesting that there are so many other reports from around the world that have seen the same thing. Most of them seem to be around 10:00pm or so. I'm curious to find out what it was.

If you have seen anything like this in the same area please be kind enough to contact Brian Vike at: sighting@telus.net with the details of your sighting. All personal information is kept confidential.

Sightings.com website: http://www.sightings.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment